[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Full body not quoted on Reply

Full body not quoted on Reply

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

must be a bug

Postby bitman » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:41 am

Looking at the Forum, this happens quit a bit, so there must be something that can be done to top it happening and causing so much grief to repair it.

Also the other problems (cut & paste etc), have they been reported, or will poco developers check this forum?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: must be a bug

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 am

bitman wrote:Looking at the Forum, this happens quit a bit, so there must be something that can be done to top it happening and causing so much grief to repair it.
It does happen, although I would disagree with quite a bit. I don't know how many users there are, so it's only a fraction who are reporting this issue. :?

If you've a backup of your ini-file, it's quickly restored by overwriting the corrupt one.

First we need to know what's causing this corruption. I wouldn't call it a bug, since we don't know the culprit.
It could be well Poco/Barca, but there may be other software at play too.

Really weird why it happens with some and not with others. :(

I on the other hand never had a corruption, but I did experience BSOD's, stalls and other problems on my PC. Poco or Barca remained stable, not one glitch from it. 8)
Also the other problems (cut & paste etc), have they been reported, or will poco developers check this forum?
The developer checks this forum quite a bit and reads all topics, but they won't respond to each topic.
Sometimes they do however, like you've seen Slaven or Jim respond to a question. :)

:!: One question however remains unanswered.
Did or did you not reset your ini-file?
If you didn't, you and I won't know if it solves your problem.

If the reset doesn't change a thing, just close Barca and rename the ini_old file back.

Let me know. :wink:
Eric

ini file

Postby bitman » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:37 pm

I would say that the fact that the ini file can be corrupted is a problem. They may need to make this file or procedure more secure to stop it being able to end up corrupt in the first place.

I do remember reverting an ini file or something a while ago and lost all my filters or links to attachments and was not impressed, so I am hesitant just to flick it over. I will have to set up a test version and try it - but haven't got the time at the moment.

You also say that you can recover from a backup of the ini, but I assume this is not from Barca's backup, but some versioned backup that one might make if they thought of it. How should you compare both ini files to identify the corrupt one? If this is just a text file, couldn't I just compare and change a line?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: ini file

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 am

bitman wrote:I would say that the fact that the ini file can be corrupted is a problem. They may need to make this file or procedure more secure to stop it being able to end up corrupt in the first place.
Agreed, but in order to fix it, PSI needs to know what's causing the corruption.
Making it more secure could have a reverse effect too. :?

Since I started I've had several BSOD's, stalls, crashes and never did that file get corrupted on my installation.
So the question remains what's causing it :?:
I do remember reverting an ini file or something a while ago and lost all my filters or links to attachments and was not impressed, so I am hesitant just to flick it over. I will have to set up a test version and try it - but haven't got the time at the moment.
Resetting an ini-file doesn't effect your filters, nor your links to attachments.
Filters have their own file.

It's easy to reset your barca.ini and if it doesn't work, just rename it back. Make sure to have Barca always closed prior to performing that.
You also say that you can recover from a backup of the ini, but I assume this is not from Barca's backup, but some versioned backup that one might make if they thought of it.
Yes, if you've set it in your backup options, then your Program preferences and Settings will be present too. 8)
How should you compare both ini files to identify the corrupt one? If this is just a text file, couldn't I just compare and change a line?
:!: If you find out what line it is, then you can change that line and save afterwards.
Resetting reverts it back to default settings, like the first time you installed it.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

bug?

Postby bitman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:30 pm

Further to this, I can confirm that the blank reply text occurs mainly if I don't click reply immediately after opening an email. I have also noticed that clipboard cannot be accessed error messages occur at different times and cut and paste ceases working at all from Barca sometimes. This leads me to beleive it is some sort of memory error and not related to an ini file.

Would be nice if the developers could indicate this is on the list please.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Postby MrJones » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:54 am

Try using templates and see if that works for you. I'm using them also, because I don't realy like the default reply behavior in Barca.
I created a Reply template like this:

----------------------------------------

%fullname%

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

----- Quoted Message -----
Used MailProgram: %header%:"X-Mailer"
Sent: %sent%
Subject: %subject%

%body%

So maybe a reply template can help to solve your issue.
Create Template: Tools -> Templates
Automate the use of template on reply: Tools -> Account setup -> choose Account -> Templates
MrJones
New Arrival

Previous

Return to Barca Help and How-To