[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail - Barca

PocoMail - Barca

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail - Barca

Postby sokrne1 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:38 am

Hi,

I've purchased Barca and am also part of the beta group. I brought all of my PocoMail over to Barca. How do I go about getting the mail back into Poco, without getting duplicates (i.e., I just want the email I've received since I started using Barca)?

I've decided that I want to go back to using PocoMail 3.2 until Barca has been developed a little further. Too many bugs to make it a reliable product at the moment....but the potential is there!!!! Can't wait for it to "grow up"!

Thanks, in advance.

Take care,
Kathy

FYI: Edited by Eric - Topic moved to Barca
sokrne1
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:44 am

How did you go about in bringing your mail into Barca from PM? Did you install over PM, copied all the directories from PM, or did you do a restore in Barca from PM?

I doubt you installed over PM, so all the directories should still be there. Have you tried opening PM to see if everything is still there? It should be.

If not, you can always import everything from Barca back into PM if you still have PM installed. If you need to reinstall PM, after doing so, just import everything back into PM from Barca.

On a side note, it is sad to see you leave Barca; however, Poco products are the best out there. You are very right though...Barca does have a lot of potential!

Even though you do have Barca and beta test it, why not use it as a secondary program alongside PM to "watch it grow" and enjoy all the benefits aside from the bugs present. The bugs slowly disappear with each new build.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby sokrne1 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:28 pm

Hi,

I'm not really "abandoning" Barca. I just need a more reliable PIM than what it has to offer in its current state. I'll be keeping Barca and just use test data in it. As each new build/beta becomes available, I'll see what's changed/added/fixed. I'll make reports on the Beta list, too. Once it becomes the PIM I need it to be, I'll definitely be switching over.

I have a very busy schedule (don't we all? :) ) And at this point it's just easier to use PocoMail and my PIM of choice (which is subject to change as Barca evolves). For my day to day tasks/appts/etc., I just don't have the time to "fiddle" with Barca -- I need a system in which I can put my data and move on....

Thanks for all of the pointers on getting my mail back into PocoMail. I was able to just copy the directories from Barca back over to PocoMail (I can't remember how I got the mail from PocoMail into Barca -- it was too long ago....I'm getting older and the mind is the first thing to go :wink: ). Anyway, everything seems to be working okay.

Have a great weekend!

Take care,
Kathy
sokrne1
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:24 am

Hey Kathy - here is a simple way of doing it - move the Poco.exe and Poco.ini files into the same directory as Barca. The two can be used interchangably for e-mail since they share the same folder and message formats.

Works reliably for me :)
robin

Postby sokrne1 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:46 am

Thanks, Robin!

I'll try that.

Take care,
Kathy
sokrne1
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To