[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - 100% CPU usage when checking mail

100% CPU usage when checking mail

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

100% CPU usage when checking mail

Postby drjamie03 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:36 am

I know this has been covered but I haven't been able to correct this problem using the fixes I've found thus far. When Barca checks mail, my CPU usage shoots to 100% and stays there for as long as it takes to do the check. I do have an nVidia card and have disabled Barca as described in another post. I tried renaming Barca.ini as mentioned in another post, but I still have the problem. Ideas?
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Re: 100% CPU usage when checking mail

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:31 pm

drjamie03 wrote:I know this has been covered but I haven't been able to correct this problem using the fixes I've found thus far. When Barca checks mail, my CPU usage shoots to 100% and stays there for as long as it takes to do the check.
:!: Could you download Process Explorer, in case you don't have it.

Open it and when Barca checks mail verify what other processes access Barca. It could be a conflict with some other software on your computer.
I don't experience it here, so it must be something unique to your computer which interferes with Barca. :?
I do have an nVidia card and have disabled Barca as described in another post. I tried renaming Barca.ini as mentioned in another post, but I still have the problem. Ideas?
Also have NVidia and it's also disabled for other software. Don't think NVidia could be the culprit or else upgrade to the latest version.

See if that helps finding what's wrong. :wink:
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:06 am

It seems to be related to java as it only seems to happen when I play a game online which requires java. When Barca checks mail, it completely disables the game.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:42 am

drjamie03 wrote:It seems to be related to java as it only seems to happen when I play a game online which requires java. When Barca checks mail, it completely disables the game.

The only thing that comes to mind, perhaps try to update your Java version, if you are not already using the latest one.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To