[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Syncing two PC's

Syncing two PC's

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Syncing two PC's

Postby bitman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:13 am

I think I've read this is not possible, and there is some hint it may be possible with myinfotogo, but there is no doco.

Does anyone do this? Should it be a feature request?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:49 am

Eric

Thanks

Postby bitman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:44 am

Thanks, but all these if's and no definite answers are a bit frustrating. I have asked support.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: Thanks

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 pm

bitman wrote:Thanks, but all these if's and no definite answers are a bit frustrating. I have asked support.
Unfortunately that's all I can give, since I'm not part of PSI. :?
Eric

Postby Tomas » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:05 am

Syncing two pc's is not an advertised functionality of MITG.
The syncing function is to sync MITG with a local installation of Barca or Pocomail.
While it might function well as a syncing intermediary between two PC's, if it works it's unofficial and unsupported, and before experimenting with that I would suggest backing up all the data.
Again, it's very probable that it's possible, just that it wasn't designed with that purpose in mind.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Testing

Postby bitman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:15 pm

It would be great if someone from Poco could test this and let the users know - I'm sure it would generate more sales.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: Testing

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:53 am

bitman wrote:It would be great if someone from Poco could test this and let the users know - I'm sure it would generate more sales.

The board is monitored by Pocosystems developers, so they will read your suggestion here too.
As this is best to be done directly by programmers - while I could test it too, email client is a bit complex thing and I'm not sure that my testing could cater for all possible circumstances. While programmers know every line of the code and know whether everything is taken care of for 2-PC's sync or if it needs a bit more work.

I might sound too cautious, but I have been involved with quite a few syncing solutions for other products as a user, and all I remember is that it was always about lots of issues around, and particularly if it was not a mere 2way sync, but more installations were involved. So that's just to give a background why I sounded so boring and like a lawyer in the previous post.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To