[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Reminders stealing focus

Reminders stealing focus

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Reminders stealing focus

Postby bitman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:21 am

I'm extremely happy with Barca. I can not see why someone would use Outlook except for familiarity. I think the search features are outstanding and the program is fast even for heavy users like me.

There are however still a few annoyances with the calander:

1. How do I set the reminder to be set automatically when entering a new appointment (default is not set)

2. How do I stop a reminder poping up and stealing keyboard focus - pretty annoying when your typing into word, then suddenly you typing into a reminder.

3. Can the reminder be made to popup like an MSmessenger contact coming online or like a ballon tip in the system tray?

Thanks!
bitman
Poco Tourist

Calendar/task manager

Postby pairofhearts » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:07 am

I use the task manager for all appointments which has a popup that can be set for individual tasks/appointments. I utilize the calendar for Birthdays/anniversaries etc, and have Barca open to the "Today" screen. This in turn will display your daily appointment's as well as Birthdays entered. I use a week in advance as a reminder for calendar entries. This works well for me. Trust this will be of some help.
.........and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle
pairofhearts
Resident Poster

Re: Reminders stealing focus

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:45 am

bitman wrote:1. How do I set the reminder to be set automatically when entering a new appointment (default is not set)
There's no default which can be set. :?
Something to include in the next upgrade.
2. How do I stop a reminder poping up and stealing keyboard focus - pretty annoying when your typing into word, then suddenly you typing into a reminder.
I should verify that, since I haven't experienced it yet.
3. Can the reminder be made to popup like an MSmessenger contact coming online or like a ballon tip in the system tray?
Not at present, although I like the suggestion. :)

Better send your requests to Support, so they can take it into account for the next upgrade. :wink:
Eric

Re: Reminders stealing focus

Postby tribble » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:00 am

I can verify that, it happens often enough to be a real nuisance.
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Priority Raise

Postby bitman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:50 am

I think the priority on a fix for this should be pretty high as it's pretty annoying.

In addition to the reminder window stealing focus, if you minimise it instead of closing it, it keeps popping up and stealing focus every so often.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Number 1 fix?

Postby bitman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:57 am

This is really p'ing me off now. Being a heavy user with occasionally half a dozen reminders to be looked at, and emails to respond to, make this problem number 1 on my most annoying list.

Problem: Reminders pop up with no warning at intervals and steal focus from whatever you are typing. So if your typing a reply to an email, a reminder of the reminders may pop up and you end up typing into that box and loosing what you have typed, along with overtyping the reminder. Very dangerous and annoying on a regular basis.

Can you email support if you want this fixed like me - I'll send them an email too.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Developers

Postby bitman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:25 pm

Can the developers confirm this will be implemented soon - it's diving me nuts. please please please.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To