[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Suspected Bug: Stop fails to halt outgoing queued messages.

Suspected Bug: Stop fails to halt outgoing queued messages.

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Suspected Bug: Stop fails to halt outgoing queued messages.

Postby ChrisKnight » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:43 pm

Bug Title: Stop fails to halt outgoing queued messages.

Description: When many messages are queued in the Out mailbox and the the option is set to send queued messages when checking for new messages if the Stop button is pressed while the the queued messages are being sent the expected halting of the sending does not take place and the icon changes back to Check. Full usability of the program does not return until all queued messages are sent.

Variations: If option is not set to send queued messages when check for new messages and the queued messages are manually sent via send queued, the Stop button icon will again change and the messages will not be halted.

To reproduce: 1) Fill the Out box with messages to send, I suggest at least 20 or maybe more if you have a speed demon pc. 2) Select send queued messages. 3) Before they have all sent, click on the Stop icon/button. 4) Notice the icon changes but the messages don't halt.

Work-around: None other than end the task (kill Barca) and then restart it.

Problem it creates: While messages are being sent the program becomes hardly useable. If there are a lot of message to send, say 300 then I have to wait several minutes for Barca to finish so I can resume navigating my mailboxes, dragging and dropping, and viewing my messages, other than the one selected when the queue began emptying. I can set it to only send manually which defeats all my autoreply and autoforward scripts unless I change the option setting every time I sit in front of the machine to work on email tasks and then back to auto when I leave. What if I realized at the last moment that all the emails I was sending was missing the attachment and I wanted to stop before too many were sent? I should be able to interrupt the sending of messages. Or maybe the icon text can be changed while sending, instead of Stop it could say Sending and then I wouldn't expect it to halt the messages and then I could send in a feature request for a Stop button. ;-)

System: Compaq NC8000 laptop. Windows XP sp2. Barca 2 version 2.5.0.3910 licensed.

If further information is required please feel free to contact me.
ChrisKnight
Poco Tourist

Postby chrisretusn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:23 pm

Chris,

Hope you don't mind me asking, are you sending the above detailed report to Support?

I use PocoMail but should be the same for Barca. Under Help menu, choose Email Support. There are two options Email Support... and Email Support with Screenshot.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby ChrisKnight » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:21 am

Hope you don't mind me asking, are you sending the above detailed report to Support?

Yes they are being sent to the helpdesk, AKA Tomas.

But just sending them there doesn't communicate to anyone else there is an issue (or a work around). And, this gives people like you a chance to verify it, I believe the more people who do so will insure that it is indeed a "bug". And also lets the developers know that multiple people on unique machines have verified the "bug", which must save them time verifing it. Especially, if the other 'testers' can provide additional details.

Additionally, others may have taken a different approach than I did and found the work around. As you posted on my other report. This can only help others who may come to the forum and search on the problem, as well as the poster of the "bug report" (me in this case).
ChrisKnight
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am

ChrisKnight wrote:Yes they are being sent to the helpdesk, AKA Tomas.

All the reports received. It's taking some time to reply as I also want to test it where possible, before forwarding further.

But just sending them there doesn't communicate to anyone else there is an issue (or a work around). And, this gives people like you a chance to verify it, I believe the more people who do so will insure that it is indeed a "bug". And also lets the developers know that multiple people on unique machines have verified the "bug", which must save them time verifing it. Especially, if the other 'testers' can provide additional details.

Yes, definitely good thing to post it on the forum too.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby chrisretusn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:48 pm

Oh Yes I agree your post are very helpful. Glad you are sending reports too.

I beta test other software, not PocoMail though, and often users post problems to the forums but never post bug reports. Your post are very detailed and figured you were, but felt compelled to ask. Thanks.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To