[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Feature Requests

Feature Requests

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Feature Requests

Postby Garrison Halibut » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:53 am

(Hope this is the proper forum!)

As a long-time Eudora and ECCO user, I purchased a Barca license about six months ago. While I'm happy with the email function, I'm sorry to say I don't find the program very useful as a general PIM.

Two improvements which would dramatically enhance Barca's usefulness to me would be:

-ability to edit the category listings

-ability to create a task directly from an email message

Until these fairly basic capabilities are added, I would gladly tell friends to try Pocomail, but would not recommend spending the extra money on Barca.

If those functions were added, in a perfect world I would then recommend a further change which would put Barca in the top class of PIMs: the ability to create nested sub-tasks in outline fashion, as Essential PIM does. Combining this function with the excellent existing email functionality would make Barca the ideal Outlook replacement.

Finally, a much smaller issue: I wish there were a way to configure the weekly calendars to show Saturday and Sunday as full days. Some of us work on weekends!

Thanks for listening.
Garrison Halibut
New Arrival

Re: Feature Requests

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:41 am

Garrison Halibut wrote:Two improvements which would dramatically enhance Barca's usefulness to me would be:

-ability to edit the category listings
Yep, that's been requested already many times. :)
:!: Already possible, just push the button above the preview pane to create an appointment or a task from an email.

If those functions were added, in a perfect world I would then recommend a further change which would put Barca in the top class of PIMs: the ability to create nested sub-tasks in outline fashion, as Essential PIM does. Combining this function with the excellent existing email functionality would make Barca the ideal Outlook replacement.
Barca is still developing, so those changes may be possible in the next major update.
It's not yet a full grown PIM, but it's coming close.
Finally, a much smaller issue: I wish there were a way to configure the weekly calendars to show Saturday and Sunday as full days. Some of us work on weekends!
The same happens with agendas, those days are always smaller. :?
Thanks for listening.
I'm sure they are already aware of what needs to change in the next version. Many requests have been made, so I'm curious what that next version will give us :?:

BTW Moving your topic from General to Barca. :wink:
Eric

Postby Garrison Halibut » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:35 am

:!: Already possible, just push the button above the preview pane to create an appointment or a task from an email.

Wow- how did I miss that?

Thanks for pointing that out- you've just made Barca much more useful for me.

The same happens with agendas, those days are always smaller. :?

Yes, and it's annoying there, too. :wink:
Garrison Halibut
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:48 am

Garrison Halibut wrote:Wow- how did I miss that?

Thanks for pointing that out- you've just made Barca much more useful for me.
My pleasure, I too use that feature a lot.
You're still new to Barca, so perhaps that's why you missed it.
There are a lot of 'hidden' features which you'll discover by yourself or by reading topics on this forum. :)
Yes, and it's annoying there, too. :wink:
Indeed it is and I do have to write down a lot during the weekend. :roll: :wink:
Eric

Postby saoir » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:51 pm

Eric wrote: :!: Already possible, just push the button above the preview pane to create an appointment or a task from an email.

I always have te preview pane closed, as do people I work with - is this only available through the preview pane ?

Saoir
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:18 am

Hi Saoir,
saoir wrote:I always have te preview pane closed, as do people I work with - is this only available through the preview pane ?
No, it's not available in the menu, only the preview window. :?

BTW Why not use the preview window?
If you use an event OnDisplay to sanitize messages in your In, Junk and Trash folder, then there's no danger whatsoever images will display and send data back. 8)

Even here in Outlook at work I do use the preview window. A lot easier then always opening the message. :)
Eric

Postby saoir » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:40 am

The main reason is the screen real estate. It uses up so much space. It's so much simpler to view the list of emails and double click on the one you want to view, and have it open to about two thirds of screen size :)

Either way - and I respect your choice - it seems a bit daft to have such a useful option ONLY available in preview........ :roll:

Saoir
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 am

saoir wrote:The main reason is the screen real estate. It uses up so much space. It's so much simpler to view the list of emails and double click on the one you want to view, and have it open to about two thirds of screen size :)
Don't have a problem with screen real estate. You could also use the Vertical index, but that's personal preference. :)
Either way - and I respect your choice - it seems a bit daft to have such a useful option ONLY available in preview........ :roll:
To each his own.
BTW If you open that email, you'll be able to select those buttons. 8)
Eric

Postby saoir » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:40 am

Not that I can find.... :roll: ?
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mcrain » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:24 am

You will need to turn on "Show message title bar".

Tools->Options->Advanced->Message Options->Show message title bar.
mcrain
Resident Poster

Return to Barca Help and How-To