[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Dragging an email into another email

Dragging an email into another email

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Dragging an email into another email

Postby alanstancliff » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:38 am

The other day, I composed an email message. I then attempted to drag and drop 2 other emails into my message. Although the icon showed that I should be able to do this, the attempted drag-and-drop action failed. I then attempted to drag the 2 would-be attachments into a folder on my desktop, but that did not work either. How is it possible to attach another email to an email message? Is there perhaps something wrong with my installation of Barca? On my work computer, which has Outlook installed, I can do this easily.

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Postby Andreas » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:59 am

The only way I know is to save the messages as .eml files into a temporary folder and then attach these .eml files to your mail.

I also wish this could be done more easily in Poco (like in other email programs).
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Postby alanstancliff » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Andreas wrote:The only way I know is to save the messages as .eml files into a temporary folder and then attach these .eml files to your mail.

I also wish this could be done more easily in Poco (like in other email programs).

Thanks for the idea, Andreas. I also thought of that, but I could not find an export-to-EML option in Barca. How would you do it? Is the only way to do it to use one of the Fookes utilities? If so, which one?
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Postby Andreas » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:46 pm

alanstancliff wrote:Thanks for the idea, Andreas. I also thought of that, but I could not find an export-to-EML option in Barca. How would you do it? Is the only way to do it to use one of the Fookes utilities? If so, which one?

Just open the message, then Right-Click --> Save As
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Postby alanstancliff » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:02 pm

Andreas wrote:
alanstancliff wrote:Thanks for the idea, Andreas. I also thought of that, but I could not find an export-to-EML option in Barca. How would you do it? Is the only way to do it to use one of the Fookes utilities? If so, which one?

Just open the message, then Right-Click --> Save As

Thanks, Andreas.

The English language option on right click is "Save" and not "Save as." I mention this in case someone else finds these messages in a search. I am assuming you use the German language menus and they say the equivalent of "save as."

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To