[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Procedure to copy local mailboxes back to mail server?

Procedure to copy local mailboxes back to mail server?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Procedure to copy local mailboxes back to mail server?

Postby bingo » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:39 pm

I accidentally configured Barca to delete messages from the remote server once they were downloaded locally. I feel pretty dumb.

I need to copy the locally stored mail messages and their attachments back to the remote mail server so that I can access them from the web client interface of my mail account when I do not have access to my primary workstation.

How can I copy the mail messages and their attachments from my local mailboxes back to the remote mail server?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!
bingo
New Arrival

Postby paulheu » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:03 am

Forward them to your own address
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Postby bingo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:40 am

Not a bad solution. The only problem is that forwarding all the messages fudges up the from data for all the messages. :(

But, if that is all I have I guess that is what I will do.

I was hoping that Barca could just upload the messages/folders I have like Outlook can. Barca can't do a forward without editing the message can it? So that the original sender is retained?
bingo
New Arrival

Postby tallcangal » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:23 am

Instead of forwarding it to yourself, why not use the bounce feature to keep the sender data?
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby bingo » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:24 am

Thanks tal! I read through the documentation on that feature after reading your post. Looks like it should do the trick. You R D best!
bingo
New Arrival

Postby Pete » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:56 am

Using the bounce command is a good idea. Note however that the bounce command doesn't currently retain all of the formatting of Styled messages and might not retain all attachments.
Pete

Postby tallcangal » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:36 pm

I am glad to have helped! :D

And yes Pete, you are right. Some things may be lost in the bounce feature including attachments, but if attachments are left encoded inside the message, it should be easier to retain these somewhat.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To