[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Signature problems [Mod: Resolved]

Signature problems [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Signature problems [Mod: Resolved]

Postby mohogade » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:00 pm

The compose window does not show the delimiter and signature any longer but it is added to the mail with the interesting twist that the text is vertical.

For instance:
--
mohogade

is received as

--
m
o
h
o
g
a
d
e

All my signatures behave is a similar manner.
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Re: Signature problems

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:27 am

mohogade wrote:All my signatures behave is a similar manner.
Are these made up as HTML :?:
Have yet to see the same here, really weird.
Maybe some code was inserted to display those vertically.

Or did you experience problems with your system.
A crash perhaps which corrupted your barca.ini.

:idea: Close Barca first.
Reset your barca.ini by renaming it to barca_old.ini.
Restart Barca afterwards.

By performing the above action all settings will be lost on restart, so better take screenshots or note them down.

If it doesn't solve it, it could be your accounts.ini was changed by something else on your computer.

Or do these signature only appear when receiving a message?
When you compose a message, how does the signature display?
Do you use the the Signature pane or not?

See if it helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby mohogade » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:53 am

The signature files are pure text files created with UltraEdit-32.

I have not touched or edited the signature files.

I'm not aware of any crashes and the only thing that have been changed is the addition of the Danish dictionary file.

However something did happen to barca.ini because renaming it and letting Barca recreate it solved the problem.

To answer your last two questions: The was no signature displayed when composing and the vertical signature was seen by the recipient only.

I have not used the signature pane.

But the problem is solved now so thank you for the help.
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 am

mohogade wrote:To answer your last two questions: The was no signature displayed when composing and the vertical signature was seen by the recipient only.

I have not used the signature pane.
How do you display your signature in new messages, if you're not using the Signature pane?
For me, I don't use it either, but when composing a message or replying to someone my signature is always present.
My guess is that you're using the Signature pane :?:
But the problem is solved now so thank you for the help.
My pleasure helping you find the fix. :wink:

Something happened to your barca.ini file, because it displayed some odd behaviour. :?
What happened, is difficult to know.

However I'm glad your problem got solved by renaming that file. :D
Eric

Postby mohogade » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Eric wrote:How do you display your signature in new messages, if you're not using the Signature pane?
Options | Sending Mail | Message Format | Signature Settings - enabled

and it is shown in the compose window, but I have to admit that I don't remember where I determined which signature should be the default :)

And I have not enabled the signature pane in the View-menu of the compose window.
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:41 am

mohogade wrote:and it is shown in the compose window, but I have to admit that I don't remember where I determined which signature should be the default :)
You've to set your default signature in your accounts.
It shows now, but it didn't show before, because of your corrupted barca.ini file. :?
And I have not enabled the signature pane in the View-menu of the compose window.
Thanks for clearing that up. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To