[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Vista UAC now asks for permission for barca

Vista UAC now asks for permission for barca

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Vista UAC now asks for permission for barca

Postby bitman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi, barca was starting up fine with vista, now suddenly Vista UAC is asking for permission for barca to access the computer - is this normal?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: Vista UAC now asks for permission for barca

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18 pm

bitman wrote:Hi, barca was starting up fine with vista, now suddenly Vista UAC is asking for permission for barca to access the computer - is this normal?
Did you uncheck to start up Barca as Administrator :?:
Close Barca first, select the Barca icon.
Right-click and choose Properties > Compatibility.

Uncheck that box.

See if that's it. :wink:
Eric

compatability unticked

Postby bitman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:35 pm

Yes, it's not ticked. It just started happening - was ok before.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Re: compatability unticked

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:07 pm

bitman wrote:Yes, it's not ticked. It just started happening - was ok before.
Weird.
Haven't seen it happening here. :?
Check the box to run as Administrator and start Barca.
Close Barca again and uncheck that box.

Let me know if this solves it. :wink:
Eric

Postby bitman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:11 am

No difference. UAC says barca.exe - unidentified publisher.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:20 am

bitman wrote:No difference. UAC says barca.exe - unidentified publisher.
:shock: Never seen that message here.

I found this Unidentifed program wants access and there's a lot more to be found on Google. :?
Eric

Postby bitman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:26 pm

So it basically means that vista doesn't know that barca is trusted.

I recently added a recommended update to the system after explorer crashed - I have a feeling it may be mostly early SP1 fixes from microsoft - I wonder if that is causing it.

Any one else have to click allow to run barca, or have a recommended update that was fairly large after explorer crashed?
bitman
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:47 pm

bitman wrote:So it basically means that vista doesn't know that barca is trusted.
Yep, but as posted before it doesn't happen here. :?
I recently added a recommended update to the system after explorer crashed - I have a feeling it may be mostly early SP1 fixes from microsoft - I wonder if that is causing it.
:idea: Never had a crash here, so maybe a repair with your CD-ROM, if you've one, can fix that.
Any one else have to click allow to run barca, or have a recommended update that was fairly large after explorer crashed?
Only if I run Barca as Administrator do I get the pop-up from the UAC. All Window updates have been applied here.

Hope the above can fix that annoying problem. :wink:
Eric

Postby bitman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:27 am

I'm betting it's a problem with the microsoft fixes, so i'll wait and see what happens when they release the full SP1 for Vista.

Be interested if any one else has the UAC allow prompt though, or if anyone thinks it may be related to an email virus (obviously not the best to run barca as administrator).
bitman
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To