[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Incoming email stuck on server again...! [Mod: Resolved]

Incoming email stuck on server again...! [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Incoming email stuck on server again...! [Mod: Resolved]

Postby saoir » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi guys,

I tried posting to the Mod Resolved thread below about incoming email problems but it seems readers probably think it was all resolved..

Two days ago the same problem repeated for me. My email is stuck on the server in the same way and I have to go and view it on the server and manually erase and get every items of email (>250 a day..)
When I go to collect mail in the usual way Barca reports 15o emails on the server and then just stop, no action and no error.

I did update to the latest build which fixed the previous incidence of this.

Saoir
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi Saoir,

:!: A little suggestion is to reset your barca.ini file.
If it still doesn't work, you can put it back.

Don't experience problems here, so I guess the problem could be with your connection too. :?

Maybe someone else has another suggestion. :wink:
Eric

Postby saoir » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:33 am

Hi Eric - I solved the problem so it is probably not the original cause.

I viewed the email on the server as I described and erased some and downloaded others - fine.

After a day or two I found myself dealing with two emails on the sever. But when I checked it, Barca was reporting that there were 4 found, but I could only see 2 !

It ocurred to me that an email that was hidden might be blocking things.

So I rang my hosting company (the benefits from usinga small hosting company) and the guy went into my email account. We did another check and yes there were 4, but even when I rechecked... I could only see 2 this time too.

I asked him to read them out and they were all spam.. of course. but he said one was in RUSSIAN. This was the one I could not see. So I asked him to erase them all. He did.

Problem was solved immediately.

Is this related in any way to the previous problem ?

Saoir
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:08 am

Hi Saoir,
saoir wrote:Hi Eric - I solved the problem so it is probably not the original cause.
Nice to know you solved the problem. :)
After a day or two I found myself dealing with two emails on the sever. But when I checked it, Barca was reporting that there were 4 found, but I could only see 2 !
So Barca told you there were 4 emails, but you could only see 2. :?

Those spammers again. :evil:
I asked him to read them out and they were all spam.. of course. but he said one was in RUSSIAN. This was the one I could not see. So I asked him to erase them all. He did.
Too bad you told him to erase those emails. It would have been better if you could have send those emails to Support for further investigation. :)
Problem was solved immediately.
Since there wasn't an obstruction anymore, all your mail downloaded again.
Pretty good to have that kind of support from your ISP. :P
Is this related in any way to the previous problem ?
Maybe or maybe it is a completely new problem those spammers are giving us.

Anyhow I'm glad it solved your problem for now.
Hope it won't be returning.

Take care & have a fine weekend. ;)
Eric

Postby saoir » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:11 am

Thanks Eric - yes I should have throught about sending it to support.... I will try to remember next time :oops:

I am surprised I am the only one experiencing that problem, I would have imagined it would have popped up with at least a few other people. That's life I guess :roll:

Cheers !

Saoir
saoir
Poco Enthusiast

Postby dribnus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:42 pm

saoir wrote:Thanks Eric - yes I should have throught about sending it to support.... I will try to remember next time :oops:

I am surprised I am the only one experiencing that problem, I would have imagined it would have popped up with at least a few other people. That's life I guess :roll:

Cheers !

Saoir

Just so you'll know, you aren't the only one that experiences this problem. It has happened to me twice, and I had to do the same thing. Once again, not sure what I would have done if my ISP was one of the 'big boys'. Mine is local too, so it wasn't hard to fix. Still not sure what caused it though.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To