[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Restore problem [Mod: Resolved]

Restore problem [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Restore problem [Mod: Resolved]

Postby flynt06 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 am

Hi,
I have Barca 2.5 running but following a windows problem where the folder containg Barca data has been lost (with others) I need to do a restore. I have a full backup of the folder from every night for the last few weeks so I can pick a data folder from many.

The trouble is that if I use restore it just goes on for ages and ages. In fact not really doing anything much at all.

Can I just uninstall Barca and then try another import?

F
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Postby flynt06 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:55 pm

I juat installed Barca (2.5 still) in a new directory and defined the data to be in another new directory. I can't import from another installation i.e. the one that I am having trouble with, as of course the data I need, emails etc, are not there.

Can I just start over and delete all Barca 2 on my machine and then start again. If I do, how do I best get the data back from my data folder? What about the licence?

My day is not going well and I have work to do :?
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:51 am

flynt06 wrote:Can I just start over and delete all Barca 2 on my machine and then start again. If I do, how do I best get the data back from my data folder?
Yes, you could delete all of Barca 2 and just start over in another directory. :)
What about the licence?
Prior to deleting Barca 2, open it and look at Help > License Info.
My day is not going well and I have work to do :?
Not at all going well. :?

:idea: However you could also manually restore your backup through Explorer. Just copy your data to the location of Barca 2.
If that doesn't work, try the above.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Postby flynt06 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:28 am

Thank again Eric.

I have it all sorted now but due to a stupid mistake with my backup definition I have lost two months of mail. I forgot that I had reinstalled Barca some while back and somehow the data folder where mail is stored got moved and excluded from my daily backup. Oh well, we live and learn!

I now have the whole of Barca plus a sub folder with the data in backed up daily. I'm not intending to lose anything again.

Flynt
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:23 am

flynt06 wrote:Thank again Eric.
You're welcome Flynt. :wink:
I have it all sorted now but due to a stupid mistake with my backup definition I have lost two months of mail. I forgot that I had reinstalled Barca some while back and somehow the data folder where mail is stored got moved and excluded from my daily backup. Oh well, we live and learn!
Pity you lost two months of mail.
We sure need to learn it the hard way. :?
I now have the whole of Barca plus a sub folder with the data in backed up daily. I'm not intending to lose anything again.
I'm sure a daily backup will prevent data loss.
If not, you could have a look at Mailbag Assistant, although it's not free.

Till next time. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To