[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Calendar Days...

Calendar Days...

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Calendar Days...

Postby Skitch » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:24 am

Hello. First time user. Just downloaded the other day, coming from Eudora. I needed something that has the whole package, email, calendar, to do lists etc. This was highly recommended on many sites, and I thought I'd give you a test run! A few questions:

1. Is there a way to make Saturday and Sunda on the Calendar any larger? I saw many threads on this subject, but I can't tell if it was an upgrade or not. If not, where can I put in my vote??

2. I went to change my "work week", so it wasn't monday through Friday. I don't see anywhere that it actually reflects this change. When I use the tab "work week" it still shows Monday through Friday. Did I misunderstand what changing "work week" means? Please explain

3. We have 2 different situations in my household. My husband works on Sunday, Wed, Friday and Saturday. I'd love to see these days as a week. If not possible, how about from Thursday through Monday? (that's how I tried to set it up with no obvious changes). My situation is that I work on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Is this calendar just not going to cut it for me?

Thanks for any responses and help you can provide. :D
Skitch
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Calendar Days...

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:51 am

Hi Skitch & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
Skitch wrote:Hello. First time user. Just downloaded the other day, coming from Eudora.
Hope you like what you see.
1. Is there a way to make Saturday and Sunda on the Calendar any larger? I saw many threads on this subject, but I can't tell if it was an upgrade or not.
At present it's preset, so you can't change it. Maybe the next major upgrade will, although I've no clue what it can do.
If not, where can I put in my vote??
No vote, but you can send at Support request here, so it will be added to the other enhancements users asked about. :)
2. I went to change my "work week", so it wasn't monday through Friday. I don't see anywhere that it actually reflects this change. When I use the tab "work week" it still shows Monday through Friday. Did I misunderstand what changing "work week" means?
It reflects it in your Calendar > Work Week. The days of that week will be marked.
3. We have 2 different situations in my household. My husband works on Sunday, Wed, Friday and Saturday. I'd love to see these days as a week. If not possible, how about from Thursday through Monday? (that's how I tried to set it up with no obvious changes). My situation is that I work on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays. Is this calendar just not going to cut it for me?
Not possible I'm afraid. Barca uses 5 days for a week, so you can't select the days to use in that week.
Nor does it apply to Barca Pro, where you can use other calendars. :?

I guess at present that calendar won't reflect what you want it to do and I wonder if you'll find one which will :?:

BTW I'm moving your topic to Barca instead of Skins and Customizations. :wink:
Last edited by Eric on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Calendar Days...

Postby Skitch » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:08 am

Hello Eric. Thanks for your quick reply!

A few more questions, since I REALLY want to make this work. I'm loving most of it :P

It reflects it in your Calendar > Work Week. The days of that week will be marked.

I don't see any unusual markings on the days of my work week, what should I be looking for? Although maybe it is because I asked it to do days that are not all included on the five days showing??

Another question, on spam filtering: I seem to be marking the same sender as "ban sender" and "classify as junk". It is showing up in the "junk" folder now (I'm guessing that's from doing "classify as junk"?) but why do I still get messages from this guy? I've never had the unique ability to play so much with filtering before, and by the way, it's very cool :D
Skitch
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Calendar Days...

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:20 pm

Skitch wrote:Hello Eric. Thanks for your quick reply!
You're welcome Skitch. :wink:
A few more questions, since I REALLY want to make this work. I'm loving most of it :P I don't see any unusual markings on the days of my work week, what should I be looking for? Although maybe it is because I asked it to do days that are not all included on the five days showing??
Maybe I expressed myself poorly.

Here's an example of a work week starting on Monday.

And here's an example of a work week starting on Wednesday.

Another question, on spam filtering: I seem to be marking the same sender as "ban sender" and "classify as junk". It is showing up in the "junk" folder now (I'm guessing that's from doing "classify as junk"?) but why do I still get messages from this guy?
It needs to learn at least 1,000 good and 1,000 bad words, but then still those messages can come through.

For some it works great, for others it doesn't.
You could for example create an incoming filter to move all messages to Junk if not present in your address books.
This way all the rest which isn't diverted to its folder by a filter, script, will be put into Junk.

I've put that filter as last in my list, but I do use Pre-download filters as well to delete blank subject messages or messages older then one month or one month before the current date.

Since a long time not one junk message comes into my In folder and others are deleted automatically by those pre-download filters.

For the rest my In, Junk & Trash folder is protected by an Event OnDisplay to sanitize those message, so those won't report back to the sender.

I've never had the unique ability to play so much with filtering before, and by the way, it's very cool :D
Yes, it does offer lots of possibilities. Not only with filters, but with scripts as well. Same for Events.

A lot to learn, so it's a long process to know the ins and outs of Barca, but I'm pretty sure you'll get the hang of it really quick.

Have fun playing with Barca. :wink:
Last edited by Eric on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Calendar Days...

Postby Skitch » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:06 am

THANK YOU! :lol:

This is great info. I am very patient learing, since this is why I want this program. Because there is a lot it will do. Lot to do... Lot to learn!

There is just so much you can learn from "help"... but having someone actually guide you to the area you are interested in most helps a LOT.

So, I guess I'm just repeating myself... THANK YOU :P

Skitch
Skitch
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:45 am

My pleasure Skitch & do have a look around. :wink:
A lot more info can be found on this forum 8), which you won't find in the Help.
If not found here, start a new topic.

In the meantime have a nice weekend and enjoy learning Barca. :)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To