[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Gmail IMAP in Barca

Gmail IMAP in Barca

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Gmail IMAP in Barca

Postby bitman » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:49 pm

I'm considering using IMAP via googles gmail, but I'm not sure what the pro's and cons are with Barca. I have never used IMAP before.

1. My main reason for using IMAP would be to synchronise across computers.

2. If Filtering does not work, does that mean all organisation has to be done by using the google tags? Can that handle putting into 3 levels deep of folders?

3. I have about 250 folders/subfolders organised in Barca. Can I do the same with IMAP and tags or is this impractical, or is it handled differently?

4. Is it easy to convert to IMAP if I already have lots of folders in Barca?

5. I assume Barca's brilliant search features would still work the same way with IMAP?

Thanks in advance.
bitman
Poco Tourist

Postby jinkwelby » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:11 am

Excellent question! Can anyone fill us in with all the details of IMAP with GMail. I've been using it for the last couple of days to sync my mail between Barca on Windows and Apple Mail on OSX Leopard with my Boot Camp enabled MacBook Pro. So far it works well but I'm currently only scratching the surface with the functionality.
jinkwelby
New Arrival

Other Forums

Postby bitman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:39 pm

Is there any other forums that Poco/Barca users frequent?
bitman
Poco Tourist

EMD

Postby MonBidoux » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:04 am

www.emaildiscussions.com is a good place to get help with various email related issues.

Barca and Poco have limited IMAP support.
If you want IMAP from a email client, you need to consider Thunderbird, Eudora, Opera browser's email client, Pegasus, or Mulberry. Mind you, they may not all equally interact with GMail.

Mind you, even with Barca or Poco limited IMAP support, one can find satisfaction just the same. Easy and quick search feature, rock solid installation/reinstallation process keep it as a fav for many.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To