[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - SSL Settings for AT&T mail server

SSL Settings for AT&T mail server

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

SSL Settings for AT&T mail server

Postby MGP » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:16 am

Does anyone know the correct settings for enabling SSL for AT&T mail servers?

Is anyone actually using Barca or Poco with SSL enabled for AT&T Yahoo DSL mail servers?

I've tried several times to get it set up and have failed so far. AT&T tech support has been less than helpful ("if you are not using Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird then you should be" :roll: ).

They keep sending me emails telling me to change to secure mail settings and they are going to enforce SSL only connections soon.

Thanks for any help!
MGP
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:21 am

Hi,
many people use AT&T Yahoo with Pocomail and Barca.
Which version of Barca do you have?
Do you have problem with sending, receiving, or both?
What are the error messages (press F12 and click Log, if you don't see the error log already) ?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MGP » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 am

I'm using Barca 2.5 (2.5.0.3910 to be exact).

OK, I think I am finding a problem with Barca 2.5

When I try to preview any mail on the server (View Mail on Server window) Barca tries to download message headers but never does and times out. I get the following log message:

Fetching message headers for ATT Yahoo (11/15/2007 5:33:19PM)...
Logging into pop.att.yahoo.com server as user xxxxxxxxx@att.net...

Then a blank log entry line and that's it.

However, when I use the check mail function it downloads the message(s) correctly. It also sends mail correctly.

I think it just may be a bug with the preview mail on server window. I use the preview window almost exclusively to scan and download mail instead of downloading all sorts of junk and deleting it later. Now that I think of it, I believe I also had this same problem with SSL on Earthlink mail servers too.

If anyone else could try using the server preview window with SSL enabled that would be great.
MGP
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:46 am

View Mail on Server doesn't support SSL. It's a leftover feature, for the oldtimers that are used to it from older versions of Pocomail, otherwise it would have been removed already I guess.

Please try Online Folders instead, it's a different interface but similar functionality.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MGP » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:40 am

Thanks Tomas. I may be an old timer but it's good to know I'm not crazy yet. :lol:

I'll have to give online folders a go. I tried it briefly when I first started using Barca but for some reason I didn't like it. Maybe I will this time. :wink:
MGP
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:12 pm

I meant oldtimers by the time of using Pocomail, hopefully I didn't misuse yet another English word used for different purposes. The old ages date only about 8 years in that respect, something like that. I'm definitely an oldtimer (since Pocomail 1.2 ?, not sure) by that definition, and for some reason also prefer VMOS interface over Online Folders interface :D
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MGP » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:05 pm

Sorry, I was only teasing a bit as well. Yes, I am a long time registered Poco user and switched to Barca more than a year ago. I'm just happy to know why I couldn't get VMOS to work with SSL. I don't use my AT&T account much but wanted to get things working correctly while I had the chance.

Thanks again for the help!
MGP
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To