[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Import messages from windows mail

Import messages from windows mail

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Import messages from windows mail

Postby raypilot » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:52 pm

Hi my name is Raymond I wish to know how to do to import messages (inbox)from windows mail to Barca 2.X.
Thank you
Raymond
raypilot
New Arrival

Re: Import messages from windows mail

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:59 pm

Hi Raymond,
raypilot wrote:I wish to know how to do to import messages (inbox)from windows mail to Barca 2.X.
Haven't tried it with Windows Mail yet, but if you can export your messages as EML, you can just drop them into Barca.

Or else you can drop them from WM just into Barca.
Will have to check that though, since I'm not at home. :?

Will let you now ASAP if it works. :wink:
Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:46 am

Ok, just tried it here.

:!: In Windows Mail you can export your messages by choosing Windows Mail as export format and selecting the folders to export.

Select afterwards your folder to export those messages too.
When done close Windows Mail.

Now open your explorer and go to the folder you selected to export your messages too.

As a test I selected the Downloads folder.
In that folder you'll find 'Local Folder' and clicking on it shows the other folders too, like InBox.

Clicking on InBox shows all exported messages as EML-format.
Now select all those EML's and drop them onto Barca.

Tried it with one message and it worked. :)

Hope that helps you further to migrate your mail into Barca. :wink:
Eric

Postby raypilot » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:28 pm

Resolved thank you Eric.
Raymond :D
raypilot
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:53 am

You're welcome Raymond.
Glad to hear it worked. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To