[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Message formats

Message formats

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Message formats

Postby mohogade » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:24 am

I noticed that some of my messages to a mailing list never made it to the list. Working with the lists owner we established that

1) those lost messages had been send with the format 'Plain and Styled'.
2) Mailman (the list program) had been set to strip the HTML portion of the message and only pass the text portion in order to avoid mangling the mails with Danish characters, which happened when you replied to replies and replies replies.
3) My messages were discarded because there was no text left after the HTML part had been stripped.
4) The header as seen in my 'Sent Folder' states the format as Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
5) The list owner explained that if there had been any test portion the header should have said "Content-Type: multipart/alternative"

So does Barca have a problem with messages in 'Plain and Styled'?
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Postby mohogade » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:07 pm

The problem seems to have gone away with the new 3910 update.
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Postby mohogade » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:26 am

I'm returning to the subject for Barca is not handling the message format correctly.

I have changed the default format to 'plain and styled', and I've noticed that even when replying to a pure text formatted message, Barca will change the format to STYLED when I reply to all. A simple reply will be P&S.

Is this a feature or a fault ?
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Postby Andreas » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:03 pm

I would recommend you to use 'plain' as default format until Poco/Barca provide better HTML support (hopefully in the next release).
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mohogade » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:36 pm

That is of course an option, but the point was that Barca by itself changes the message format depending on 'Reply' or 'Reply All'.

That has to be programming problem, that should be addressed immediately.

I had a brief discussion on another list where I recommended Barca and someone pointed out that Barca was very weak handling local language character, something I have to agree with, but that is nothing new and it should have been corrected in 2.5.
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:55 am

mohogade wrote:I had a brief discussion on another list where I recommended Barca and someone pointed out that Barca was very weak handling local language character, something I have to agree with, but that is nothing new and it should have been corrected in 2.5.

If it was easy, it would have been corrected, I can assure you it's pretty much at the "top of the list". In the recent months, Pocomail and Barca were undergoing pretty extensive rewrite, to allow improvements of language encoding handling in the future. (Both programs used third party viewer and editor, that through the years turned not to satisfy the growing needs.)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To