[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - barca suggestions and critique

barca suggestions and critique

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

barca suggestions and critique

Postby secretagentgel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:14 pm

here's my final list of bugs, suggestions, etc. i look forward to seeing this product develop.

further comments:
reply should be active for whatever email is open - i shouldn't have to select it to then reply.

clicking on a name in the contacts list on the left should open a new email (like it does) but clicking the icon next to it should open the address book, or something like that.

opening full view of contacts should offer different views. right now i can't see someone's address easily.

when importing the first time (after install and setup) need to be able to go back and change options, like from csv to eudora address book format
- clicking "cancel" should move you to the next step, not actually cancel. or else have another button

when creating a new contact, clicking the "change icon" button. press "escape" to get out of the "select icon" window and it - cancels the new contact
- had to reenter all info for that contact

all open windows should have an x to close them

purchase link doesn't work

small calendar on left:
- needs to be moveable so i can see the list of events for that day
- calendar needs a "today" button that brings you to todats date
- should be able to hide the second month (and third)
- list of events for that day should wrap around

calendar:
- again should be able to hide small months, or show only one
- in day view i should be able to click on a blank time slot and jsut start typing (same comment in task list) - see palm desktop for this.

tasks:
- should be able to check and uncheck without right click
- if no file is attached should be able to click the blank space and have the file attach dialog open up.
- should be able to click on an empty field and start typing. then double click or right click to add all the details - most tasks i enter don't need an alarm, a status, etc.
- tasks should be another header on the left, or combined with notes
notes:
- should have the option to not see them in the taskbar
- needs scrollbar or "go to end" button or something to indicate there may be more
- clicking the X should save changes - i would use these as "quick notes" so would want everything to be one click away. or to be able to just opena note, type and close it and have it be saved.
- notes shouldnt disappear from notes list when open. clicking a name of an open note should bring note to the front.
- i currently use atnotes (http://atnotes.fr.st/) whixh is similar to the mac notes program. seems like a good thing to take some of the features from.

contacts:
- along with "add new group" should be "import..."
secretagentgel
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To