[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to delete an account?

How to delete an account?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to delete an account?

Postby flynt06 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:17 am

I have an account that attracts a lot of spam and I don't use it much so I want to delete it. I have tried about 5 times now but have failed.

Going to accounts, selecting the account and deleting it seems to work But some time later it just reappears!!

Why? How do I kill it for good? :twisted:

Flynt
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to delete an account?

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:25 am

flynt06 wrote:Going to accounts, selecting the account and deleting it seems to work But some time later it just reappears!!
How can it just reappear, if you deleted it? :shock:
Why? How do I kill it for good? :twisted:
Close Barca and edit accounts.ini. Delete your account from there and restart Barca afterwards.

Don't forget to copy your accounts.ini to a save location, prior to making any changes there.

Should work without problems, but better be safe then sorry. :wink:

If you don't use that account anymore, you can delete that account altogether at your user interface from your ISP.

I've done that in the past, so no more access from spammers to that account. :lol:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:48 am

The reappearing might be due to some issue with accounts.ini file perhaps, or more probably with accounts.ini file being read-only - check the properties of the file.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby flynt06 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:53 pm

Tomas wrote:The reappearing might be due to some issue with accounts.ini file perhaps, or more probably with accounts.ini file being read-only - check the properties of the file.

Just had a look and yes, it was read only. I have absolutely no idea why that would be!

I have decided now that I am going to do a new install of Barca as soon as I get a chance because all sorts of things are going wrong. My Barca is simply not well!

I get numerous warnings that there has been a violation in file this and that, and I still have occasional mail that I have sent that clearly hasn't gone at all. It appears in my Sent folder (implying that it has been successfully sent) even if I don't have an internet connection!

I have tried re-installing before, even without importing my settings but still have that problem. I'm now thinking of a new installation and importing nothing. I'll set up accounts and filters again from scratch and if I need to read old mail I'll have to look at the 'old', inactive, Barca install. Not great but I have to do something.

Any further suggestions always welcome!

Flynt
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To