[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Deleted messages

Deleted messages

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Deleted messages

Postby tribble » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:18 am

I'm sure this is easy, and I'm not in a panic (yet). I just deleted over 1,000 otherwise irrecoverable messages. Actually, I mistakenly attempted to run an Incoming Filter on all the messages in this folder and they disappeared!

I haven't done ANYTHING since!
These messages were in a nested "Sent" Folder.

I believe I simply close Barca, located and delete the Sent.idb file and restart Barca.

What I need is a confirmation this is the correct procedure.

Thanks,

fat fingers...
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:26 am

:!: If not yet reindexed, you could delete the idx-file.
Or else move your mdb-file elsewhere and rename the Sent.bak file to Sent.mdb and delete that idb-file.

To make sure not to lose any message, perform a backup.

See if that helps recovering those messages. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:39 am

Yes, as Eric already pointed, it's the correct way to do it (delete or rename Sent.idb)

If too late already, also try locating Sent.~mbx folder kept as a backup on last compression of the folder (with appropriate settings) and renaming it to say SentRecovery.mbx and starting Barca, it will appear as SentRecovery folder.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby tribble » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:28 pm

No joy. It looks like they're all gone. I couldn't even import the backup; as soon as Barca closes, it performs a backup. Argh! That'll teach me.

Thanks for your help gents!

Gene
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Sorry to hear that :(.

I'd recommend to implement a complete backup strategy for your computer, and use a specialized backup software. Eg. Cobian Backup works fine and is free, and you can have an all-in-one solution for all the data on your computer, instead of relying on the backup features of each software.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby tribble » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm a CIO in business. I KNOW BETTER! I just don't implement as well as I preach :-)
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:39 pm

That's too bad.
Next time you'll know. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:06 am

My last backup is 4 months old. I'm blushing all the time when I'm suggesting others to backup :oops:
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby tribble » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:05 am

Tomas - I'm with ya!
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To