[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to repair a folder

How to repair a folder

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to repair a folder

Postby mohogade » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:03 am

Barca crashed today, as I was dragging a mail from the inbox to a sub-folder this morning and it became unresponsive. I tried to compress (re-index ?) that folder after restart but it still locks up.

Barca is set to thread the index display and it becomes unresponsive when I try to open a specific thread in that subfolder.

When I restart Barca - and before I access any mails, I can change the option to a "non-thread" mode and I can then open and work with all the mails.

I tried to create a new sub-folder and copy the mails to that folder, but that too causes the lockup when I thread the index-display.

That makes me think that it is a specific mail, that causes the problem. Is there a way to repair the messages?
--
mo
mohogade
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:23 am

:!: Close Barca and delete the IDB-files for those folders.
On restart those folders will be reindexed.

To make sure, perform a backup prior to deleting those files.

Else your barca.ini became corrupt with that crash.
Close Barca and rename barca.ini to barca_old.ini
Restart Barca.

All Options will be lost when recreating that file, so best take screenshots or note them down.

Let me know if it helped. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To