[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca loading problem [Mod: Resolved]

Barca loading problem [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca loading problem [Mod: Resolved]

Postby airlink » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:56 pm

I have a problem with Barca. When Barca loads it does so with the outline of the Diary (but with no detailed info) at the top left of the screen. I have tried to click onto other options such as calender, mail etc but everything is frozen. I am unable to check mail and cannot click off the diary screen, it just will not close. I have uninstalled Barca and reinstalled but it is back with the diary outline again. Would appreciate urgent help please.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Re: Barca loading problem

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:31 pm

airlink wrote:I have uninstalled Barca and reinstalled but it is back with the diary outline again. Would appreciate urgent help please.
Could be your barca.ini got corrupt.
Close Barca and rename barca.ini to barca_old.ini and restart Barca.

:!: If you reset this file all settings will be lost, so best take screenshots or note them down.

Else try another install into another directory.
Try it out first and afterwards if satisfactory import from a previous install without importing the Program preferences and settings.

See what that gives and let me know. :wink:

P.s.: Please avoid to use uppercase = shouting.
Thanks in advance.
Eric

Postby airlink » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Have pretty lo knowledge so not sure what you mean re reset of files or where to find them. Can't open any folders to copy messages or contacts, everything frozen. Have tried installing new copy into different directory, still get the corrupt copy unfortunately. Have also tried system restore but again comes up with bad copy.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:38 pm

airlink wrote:Have pretty lo knowledge so not sure what you mean re reset of files or where to find them.
:!: First close Barca and navigate to the installation folder from Barca.
Inside that folder (Program Files > Barca) you'll find barca.ini.
Follow the procedure as described above.
Can't open any folders to copy messages or contacts, everything frozen. Have tried installing new copy into different directory, still get the corrupt copy unfortunately. Have also tried system restore but again comes up with bad copy.
If the above doesn't work, I think something screwed up your system.
Did you install, change anything to your PC?

Could be your installation file is corrupt, so best download another copy.
If you're using Nvidia, please make sure to exclude Barca.

Weird why it won't work with a fresh install. :?
Eric

Postby airlink » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Could be your installation file is corrupt, so best download another copy.

It is showing corruped - obtain a new copy. So...... have deleted all the files I can find for Barca and Poco and will try download fresh copy, before doing this can you explain your note re excluding Barca from NVDIA please.

Can't quite understand that when I downloaded another copy into different folder, it still gave me the same corruped copy together with all my layout settings and files etc but within miliseconds of appearing and saying checking accounts the outline of the diary square is back again and the whold thing freezes. Urgh...........
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:28 pm

airlink wrote:It is showing corruped - obtain a new copy. So...... have deleted all the files I can find for Barca and Poco and will try download fresh copy, before doing this can you explain your note re excluding Barca from NVDIA please.
If you're using the Nvidia driver, see Here's how to FIX the nVidia driver / nView crash bug! :)
Can't quite understand that when I downloaded another copy into different folder, it still gave me the same corruped copy together with all my layout settings and files etc but within miliseconds of appearing and saying checking accounts the outline of the diary square is back again and the whold thing freezes. Urgh...........
Try clearing the cache of your browser before downloading the file again.
Also best not to use download manager, since it appears they can cause corruption.

Other then that I really don't know, so let me know what that gives. :wink:
Eric

Postby airlink » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:09 pm

Unfortunately nothing seems to clear this problem. Still getting the same old copy which is corruped. Have tried to download copy of Pocomail which has been successful but since I previously had this on evaluation which expired then I can't use that either. Seems to me that I have to write off Barca/Poco as a bad exerience, but considering I have recently paid for Barca then I am not happy. Think Slaven should at least fix a copy of Pocomail4 for me.

Added note: Well these last few words certainly seem to have dried up the assistance. Just have to write Barca and Poco off to another bad experience.

:evil: :evil:
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:56 am

airlink wrote:Unfortunately nothing seems to clear this problem. Still getting the same old copy which is corruped. Have tried to download copy of Pocomail which has been successful but since I previously had this on evaluation which expired then I can't use that either.
Try to download this copy (link removed) from my server.
I've put it inside a zip-file, so it won't be corrupted by other possible software. :)
Seems to me that I have to write off Barca/Poco as a bad exerience, but considering I have recently paid for Barca then I am not happy. Think Slaven should at least fix a copy of Pocomail4 for me.
It's unfortunate that this is happening to you. However I think something else is causing this to happen. :?
If you want to receive a copy of Poco, just PM Slaven.
He'll be more then happy to help you with this problem. :)
Added note: Well these last few words certainly seem to have dried up the assistance. Just have to write Barca and Poco off to another bad experience.

:evil: :evil:
Why such negative response? :cry:
It's not because I'm not answering that I'm not trying to support you to the best of my abilities. I'm always online, but I don't always have the time to respond. Got a family too to take off.

If the above download doesn't provide the solution, then it would be better to get in touch with Support or directly with Slaven.

I've yet to see such problem happening to me and believe me, I had my share of problems and not only with Poco/Barca.

We're here to help you with this problem and to find the solution to your problem, so please hang on. Barca is really an excellent email client, but that doesn't mean it's bug free. Same with other software. :?
Last edited by Eric on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby airlink » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:59 am

My frustrated remarks are not directed at you Eric, I absolutely fully appreciate the responses you have made, I expected someone else to click in to assist. I can't make out any link to the copy of your own you refer to.

I won't be in touch with Slaven for a copy of Poco, think Ive had enough for the time being, my main concern was to try to get back my email folders and contacts which will cause real problems to my business.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:39 am

airlink wrote:My frustrated remarks are not directed at you Eric, I absolutely fully appreciate the responses you have made, I expected someone else to click in to assist.
You'll have to wait until they're online. It's Sunday here, so that's a day to rest and go away with the family. I guess it's the same for other members. :)
I can't make out any link to the copy of your own you refer to.
Click in the above post on this copy. Sometimes browsers don't show that link as visible. Seems the cause is the color scheme of browsers. :?
I won't be in touch with Slaven for a copy of Poco, think Ive had enough for the time being, my main concern was to try to get back my email folders and contacts which will cause real problems to my business.
I fully understand it's a pain not to get your mail and contacts, but until we know what's causing it, there isn't much else I or someone else can do.

Best way would be to get in touch with Support. Include your settings, so they can investigate it further.

Going away now, so till tomorrow. :wink:
Eric

Postby Tomas » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:18 am

Please contact support if you wish some more help with this. Though I'm not sure much more advice can be offered besides what Eric suggested.

airlink wrote:my main concern was to try to get back my email folders and contacts which will cause real problems to my business.

Even in case you are already decided to move to another system, feel free to contact helpdesk as well for help with conversion. Barca stores email in mbox format, which is a standard format that most email clients can import. (Perhaps except Outlook, which can be done but is not trivial, unless you use Aid4mail converter.)
Contacts are in csv file, it can be usually imported in most other programs with some effort. You could use Dawn to help with conversion (http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/soft ... tures.html) or contact helpdesk (http://www.pocosystems.com/support/)with a copy of your address files in attachment and ask for conversion to LDIF format which is a kind of standard format for address books that many other programs can import.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby airlink » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks but I don't have the expertise to try. Eric sent me a copy of his Barca program and I installed it after I had again completely cleared my PC of all Poco and Barca files but once again the installed copy came out just the same. The problem ocurred when I clicked into Diary entries to retrieve some info, I closed down Barca as normal but the next time I brought up the programme, it appeared in its frozen form with the outline (but no info) of the diary frame. When I try to close the diary menu from the toolbar I get ... program not responding... end now.
Doesn't seem to be any point in contacting support if you think everything has been suggested. Thanks anyway.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:47 pm

airlink wrote:Thanks but I don't have the expertise to try. Eric sent me a copy of his Barca program and I installed it after I had again completely cleared my PC of all Poco and Barca files but once again the installed copy came out just the same.
So even with my copy it didn't work. :?
FYI: I removed the link to preserve space on my server.
What OS are you running it on?
Which antivirus, firewall and other security applications are running on your PC?

Nvidia drivers can cause this kind of behaviour too.
The problem ocurred when I clicked into Diary entries to retrieve some info, I closed down Barca as normal but the next time I brought up the programme, it appeared in its frozen form with the outline (but no info) of the diary frame. When I try to close the diary menu from the toolbar I get ... program not responding... end now.
From what you're telling, it appears some app, drivers are clashing with Barca. :?
:idea: Also cleaning up your registry with Ccleaner (free) or RegSupreme Pro may fix this problem, if not caused by a 3rd party app.

Did you also clear all remains from Barca, prior to installing it again?
If XP, those files can be found under Program Files. If Vista, it's present under Users/your username/Application Data/Barca.
Doesn't seem to be any point in contacting support if you think everything has been suggested.
It doesn't hurt to send those requested files and besides Tomas = Poco Systems Support. :lol:

It's weird why it won't work on your PC, but then again no PC is the same.
Curious to know what's the cause to this stalling :?:
Eric

Postby airlink » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:38 am

Thanks again your response. Situation unchanged, corrupted copy keeps installing despite absolutely deleting all references to Poco/Barca. I have CC Cleaner installed and it has been used , I use XP Home edition and have AVG Free antivirus and Spyware Terminator installed. I amended the NVIDIA settings to bypass barca> At the last attempt to install a further copy I made sure, as before, all files were deleted, when uninstall has been performed there are still files listed in Program files Barca2 so I deleted those also, nothing remained. I will drop an email to support and draw their attention to this thread.
airlink
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:10 am

airlink wrote:Thanks again your response.
My pleasure to help you with it. :wink:
Situation unchanged, corrupted copy keeps installing despite absolutely deleting all references to Poco/Barca. I have CC Cleaner installed and it has been used , I use XP Home edition and have AVG Free antivirus and Spyware Terminator installed.
:!: Maybe a long shot, but since Spyware Terminator comes with ClamAV, could it be possible you installed that realtime antivirus component?
Don't know if it's responsible for this behaviour or it can be a combination between AVG and ClamAV.
Just a long shot, so if you didn't install ClamAV, just ignore it.
I amended the NVIDIA settings to bypass barca> At the last attempt to install a further copy I made sure, as before, all files were deleted, when uninstall has been performed there are still files listed in Program files Barca2 so I deleted those also, nothing remained.
If you don't have the current Nvidia drivers, I would suggest to update them. Previous versions showed this behaviour and they're known to be buggy. :?
Got Nvidia myself on my Vista laptop, but it works really well.
I will drop an email to support and draw their attention to this thread.
That's the best action to take, since they can perhaps recreate what you're getting by those files you send along.

Hope they'll be able to find the culprit, so all the best and let me know in case it's solved. :wink:
Eric

Next

Return to Barca Help and How-To