[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Ad sender replied to - Need help with this script

Ad sender replied to - Need help with this script

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Ad sender replied to - Need help with this script

Postby MonBidoux » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi,

I downloaded this ASRT script from the extras section some time ago. It works but my hunch is it also pickup the addresses in the cc box. Any idea how i can configure it to pickup only the sender address?
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:44 am

Hi, I'm sorry I couldn't find the script in Extras. Could you post it here please, or post a link to it?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Tomas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 am

No problem at all. I can't delete post as I'm not one of the moderators, so I will let it up to them. As soon as you have more info on your situation let us know.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:24 pm

Tomas wrote:No problem at all. I can't delete post as I'm not one of the moderators, so I will let it up to them. As soon as you have more info on your situation let us know.

Got it!

I only have two scripts designated to be operative:
"Ad Sender Replied to" and "Return Receipt"

Problem is, when it seems that every time i get a message from someone who isn't in my addressbook, i'm asked if i want to "ad sender replied to" so why does it do this when i haven't even replied to them yet?

The other issue is, this script seem to add the "cc" addresses as well (this is what i have to confirm).
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby MonBidoux » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Here's a view of my setup.

Add senders to Addressbook was just added yesterday.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:57 am

MonBidoux wrote:Problem is, when it seems that every time i get a message from someone who isn't in my addressbook, i'm asked if i want to "ad sender replied to" so why does it do this when i haven't even replied to them yet?

The other issue is, this script seem to add the "cc" addresses as well (this is what i have to confirm).

I'm sorry I don't know that script and can't find it anywhere, so I can't confirm whether it adds the cc addresses. Please post it here or point me to where it can be downloaded or send to support, for confirmation/investigation.

Generally, my guess is that this script shouldn't be used as incoming script!

I guess it might be used in an event, or even more probably as an outgoing or post-send script (ie. move it to Outgoing or Post-send tab).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 am

Tomas,

I just pm'ed you and have switched it to outgoing.
We'll see how that goes.

Thanks again for your help!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am

You are welcome. Hopefully the switch to outgoing will help, the script documentation says:

Mode: This script should be included in a filter run against outgoing messages.

Also I quickly skimmed the script and it shall only operate against TO: field, it shouldn't pickup CC: fields.

But please report if any issues will continue.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:36 pm

Tomas,

I've come to realize that I've taken most of these scripts in without reading all the fine print, thinking that they were automated scripts that you just plugin and voilà!

You have been most patient and helpful and i'm always amazed to experience this here time and time again. I'm most edified!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To