[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Problem downloading incoming emails with Barca 2.5

Problem downloading incoming emails with Barca 2.5

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Problem downloading incoming emails with Barca 2.5

Postby jkumm » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi,
I am experiencing problems when trying to download incoming emails with my version of Barca 2.5 (build 3910).

I use my computer from a number of locations, but from one particular location, I experience this particular problem.

As long as there is no mail, the "Check mail" function works fine. If however there are any messages on the server, the indicator on the status bar line tells me that Barca is "logged in" , is checking my account, and that the progress is 1%. It then locks up.

The only work-arounds that I have found to date involve stopping thew process, instead using the "view mail on server" instruction, and cycling through this a few times. This function also locks up after telling me how many messages are on the server. It seems to be unable to actually retrieve the headers.

After a few more attempts at checking mail, I can then generally manage to get it downloaded, but at a time cost of some 3-4 minutes every time I wish to transfer the mail from the server onto my computer.

It is a really frustrating situation, and I haven't managed to find a solution on your forums - I've tried to replace the barca.ini file for example with no luck.

Any advice would be very welcome indeed.

John Kumm
jkumm
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi John & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
jkumm wrote:I am experiencing problems when trying to download incoming emails with my version of Barca 2.5 (build 3910).

I use my computer from a number of locations, but from one particular location, I experience this particular problem.

As long as there is no mail, the "Check mail" function works fine. If however there are any messages on the server, the indicator on the status bar line tells me that Barca is "logged in" , is checking my account, and that the progress is 1%. It then locks up.
:!: Maybe you could increase the time-out in Options > Advanced > Network Options.
Do you check one account or several at the same time?
If you check several, change it to only check one account at the same time.

Else if this doesn't work, there's something else blocking the download.
What antivirus, firewall are you using?
The only work-arounds that I have found to date involve stopping thew process, instead using the "view mail on server" instruction, and cycling through this a few times. This function also locks up after telling me how many messages are on the server. It seems to be unable to actually retrieve the headers.
Have you tried the Online folders, instead of VMOS? Does that also lock up?
It is a really frustrating situation, and I haven't managed to find a solution on your forums - I've tried to replace the barca.ini file for example with no luck.
I can imagine it's frustrating and I hope we'll be able to find a solution.
Since resetting the barca.ini file didn't work, I guess the problem lies elsewhere.

Perhaps spam mail is blocking the download, as it has been an ongoing problem for some users.

See if one of those suggestions help and let me know. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To