[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Inconsistent Image Copy and Paste

Inconsistent Image Copy and Paste

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Inconsistent Image Copy and Paste

Postby John G » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:22 pm

I am having trouble using the copy and past function (Ctl+C and Ctl+V) in emails. Email is set to Plain & Styled. If I try to copy as section of a graphic from Paint, Word or PowerPoint it will not past into the email body. If I do the same thing from Adobe Reader there is no problem. Only alternative I have found is to attach the item as an image which is not a good workaround.

Has anyone else faced this and more importantly how did they solve this.
John G
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Inconsitent Image Copy and Past

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:00 pm

Hi John G & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
John G wrote:Has anyone else faced this and more importantly how did they solve this.
Haven't tried it yet.
Maybe something changed, since it does work with Acrobat Reader.
Which OS are you using btw :?:

Have you tried to set Barca to Styled?

Just guessing what may be wrong, but I'll let you know what it gives with my Barca Pro at home. :wink:
Eric

Thanks Eric

Postby John G » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:47 pm

I will try changing Barca to Styled only and see if that helps

Regards
John
John G
Drop-in Visitor

Tried Styled

Postby John G » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:13 am

Tried setting a new message to Styled only and I can copy and paste from Powerpoint. But, still can't from Paint

Regards
john
John G
Drop-in Visitor

Postby John G » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:22 am

Sorry Eric I am using Windows XP Pro with SP 2 installed as the OS.
John G
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Tried Styled

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:42 am

John G wrote:Tried setting a new message to Styled only and I can copy and paste from Powerpoint. But, still can't from Paint
Same here John on my Vista.
Paint won't work.
However if I use SnagIt (screen capture tool) to capture a region on my laptop, it will paste into Barca Pro. :)

I wonder why it doesn't work in Paint, since it works with SnagIt.

:idea: Edit: Try it with IrfanView or FastStone Image Viewer or any other screen capture tool.
Eric

Postby John G » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Hi Eric, If I copy the section I want to paste into Barca from Paint into Powerpoint and then copy the image from the open Powerpoint side it will paste OK into Barca. I will try Irfanview and see if that helps.
John G
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:15 am

Hi John,
John G wrote: I will try Infranview and see if that helps.
IrfanView will certainly do the trick and it does offer a lot of nice tools. 8)
Seems to me Paint is the only app who doesn't let you perform a copy & paste.
All other apps I tried, did it. :?
Eric

Postby chrisretusn » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:39 pm

That is strange the Paint does not paste in to PocoMail (Barca).

It paste in to Wordpad just fine. I also tried OpenOffice Writer and it works there as well.

I also use SnagIt, my other favorite viewer program PMView also works with PocoMail.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Paint another Microsoft beta

Postby John G » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:14 am

Just goes to show the consistency of Microsoft products....beta testing on a massive scale

John
John G
Drop-in Visitor

Infran to the rescue

Postby John G » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:21 am

Eric ,
Irfan works just fine

John :lol:
John G
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:30 pm

Told you it would work John. :)