[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Need help importing Outlook data

Need help importing Outlook data

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Need help importing Outlook data

Postby bumpkinboy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 am

I'm assuming (!!) that the import utility for Barca can read an Outlook .pst file for importing contacts and email. I'm trying to move the Outlook data from my old computer, into Barca on the new system. The saved .pst file is in a safe directory on the new system, because I didn't install Office on the new system. Okay - so when I use the Import Wizard and check off OUTLOOK, I also uncheck the box that says "Don't ask me where to find my information ..." Since I UNCHECK the box, I thought it would ask me where to find the .pst file and I could direct it to the right location.

Well, it doesn't do that. It just ... I dunno, it tries to find Outlook data to import I guess. From somewhere. ? Then it generally freezes Barca up.

My questions ... (1) Can the import function read a .PST file? and (2) If yes, can anyone tell me WHERE it's trying to read from. I can plunk my old .pst file in that directory and ... ? ... import? Hopefully.

Thanks in advance.
bumpkinboy
New Arrival

Postby Tomas » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 am

Hi, unfortunately the import utility only works on system where Outlook is installed. It can't read the .pst file itself, but must use the interface provided by Microsoft through MS Outlook, and for that Outlook must be installed.

You could install Barca on your old computer, run import, and transfer the imported data to new computer.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby bumpkinboy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:10 am

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. And your suggest to install Barca on the old system is pure genius. thanks again.
bumpkinboy
New Arrival

Return to Barca Help and How-To