[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Problem with template (or signature?)

Problem with template (or signature?)

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Problem with template (or signature?)

Postby Leeuw » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:49 am

I made a template for one of my email addresses which is to be used as signature.
It is two lines of text, '--' being the first line, then another text line for my name, underneath that an email link, then an URL and finally a small picture.

Thing is, I set my Account (In the template section) to use this template in new messages and in replies.
Funny enough, when I hit the 'Reply' button, the reply window sort of 'jumps' on, and I can just see it like wipes something. Then I see the original message is completely gone, the cursor stands in the URL line of the template, but I can move it and i can type and send the reply normally.
Also, in the 'To:' section, the destination address is shown twice, separated by a comma.

Has anyone any idea what can have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Leeuw.
Check out my brand new website at http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk
(Don't forget the guest book please).
Leeuw
Poco Tourist

Re: Problem with template (or signature?)

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:55 am

Hi Leeuw,

what do you mean by original message completely gone? If it is that you wish to have original message quoted in reply, it has to be reflected in the template by an appropriate tag, in this case
%qbody%
if it shall include quote characters
or
%body%
for text without quotation marks

As for the rest, not sure, it might help to see the template. If you can, please submit the template file to the helpdesk for investigation:
http://www.pocosystems.com/support/
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Leeuw » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:07 pm

In the mean time I saw where I went wrong:

When doing the template, instead of in a blank message, I had done it with an address in the address bar, and, AFAIR, with an original message there too.
However, I have now redone it and it works OK.
I have also added the body tag in order to get the original message quoted.

While we're on the subject: having a signature/template put underneath an email automatically only seems to work for the default email account, all the others, you have to enter it manually (although it is set to insert automatically in 'Account Setup').
Now, my default address generates the correct template, but when I click 'New' to write a new email, and I want to send email from a different account, the signature stays where it is, regardless, so I have to erase it manually first.
Is there a way around this, or is that the only way to get rid of the signature when using a different email account?

Thanks for your help so far,
Leeuw.
Leeuw
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:10 am

You are welcome.
If the signatures are inserted inline, in that case the signature is not changed when switching to another account (as signature already became part of the body, ie. from technical point of view it's not recognized by the program as signature anymore).
For that you'd have to enable the signature pane, which is an alternate way of working with signatures. To enable signature pane click on View menu in Compose window and check Enable Signature Pane.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Leeuw » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:40 am

Thank you for your help, Tomas.
Leeuw
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To