[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca and Word's horrible formatting

Barca and Word's horrible formatting

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca and Word's horrible formatting

Postby wbear » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:52 am

I'm assuming it's Word, anyway. Could be OE. :cry:

I have one person that sends me content that shows that horrid "MSO normal" and that tag soup MS writes instead of displaying either the text or the formatted messages.

Is there some setting I can use for this one person to either:
1) strip the junk? < (preferred)
2) Display it as formatted text?
wbear
Poco Tourist

Re: Barca and Word's horrible formatting

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:24 pm

wbear wrote:I'm assuming it's Word, anyway. Could be OE. :cry:
Possible or a malformed message. :?
If you can forward the message as an attachment to Support, preferably still intact. A copy from your server, not yet downloaded in to Barca.

I have one person that sends me content that shows that horrid "MSO normal" and that tag soup MS writes instead of displaying either the text or the formatted messages.
Is there some setting I can use for this one person to either:
1) strip the junk? < (preferred)
You could use a filter to do that for that person.
Or if these messages are assigned to a folder, you could use an Event OnDisplay

2) Display it as formatted text?
I'm not sure what you mean about that. :?
Eric

Postby wbear » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:54 pm

Outstanding! That fixed the issue perfectly.
Thank you for taking the time to show me this, there's a bit of a learning curve here, and the effort you expend to share your experience is most appreciated.
wbear
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:07 pm

wbear wrote:Outstanding! That fixed the issue perfectly.
Good to know it fixed your issue.
Thank you for taking the time to show me this, there's a bit of a learning curve here, and the effort you expend to share your experience is most appreciated.
My utmost pleasure to help you with it. :wink:
Being a former Eudora user, it can be a bit overwhelming, but you'll find a lot of tips here on the forum and in the manual, although not everything can be found in there. :?
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To