[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - focus not following messages with Alt+N

focus not following messages with Alt+N

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

focus not following messages with Alt+N

Postby nigeldh » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:39 am

Sorry if this has been answered before.
I have found that focus is not following messages with Alt+N to read unread messages. I start with a message, a couple of messages later I want to delete a message or spam. I can't just hit the delete, Ctrl+D, key because I will then delete the starting point message. I have to click on the offending message then click delete. Or if I want to highlight several messages holding down the shift arrow key starts highlighting from the starting point.

Just a minor annoyance. Or maybe it is an ergonomic feature designed to encourage one to move their arms and hands around. grin

"Yes Virginia, they ARE keyboard shortcuts!"
The bird is not the word, grin.
nigeldh
Drop-in Visitor

Re: focus not following messages with Alt+N

Postby Eric » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 am

nigeldh wrote:I have found that focus is not following messages with Alt+N to read unread messages. I start with a message, a couple of messages later I want to delete a message or spam. I can't just hit the delete, Ctrl+D, key because I will then delete the starting point message.
Seems to work just fine here, jumping from one unread message to another.
If I press to delete, it removes the current message. :)
I have to click on the offending message then click delete.
If you want to delete another messages, you need to select it first, otherwise Barca will delete the current one.
Or if I want to highlight several messages holding down the shift arrow key starts highlighting from the starting point.
Selecting several messages can be done with the Shift key, but if you want to add others not in that range, then you must use the CTRL key.
Or do you mean something else :?:

If I select the first and hold down the shift key, I can select the last one in that range. Those will be highlighted.
Just a minor annoyance. Or maybe it is an ergonomic feature designed to encourage one to move their arms and hands around. grin
Maybe there's something else going on.
If you could post the exact steps you performed, I could be able to reproduce what you're seeing.
For now it works just fine. :wink:
Eric

the steps

Postby nigeldh » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:06 am

Eric,

Set-up: Horizontal index, one line per message, landscape preview; enable preview.

Here are the steps. I can send screen shots or post them to my pbase account. Using the Arrow key or Alt+Left, Alt+Right has the same effect.
I consider these to be low priority.

1. Alt+N, in the index window the message is highlighted.
Press the delete key
* the highlighted message is deleted.
* there is no highlight until you click on a message.
* Alt+N does not work until
* click on a message.
* press the Up arrow key which moves you to the first message in the index window.
* the down arrow key moves to the last message in the index window.

2. Alt+N through several messages, say 3 messages.
* message 4 is SPAM.
* Press and hold the Shift key to select the next several messages, say 5 to 7.
* Press the down arrow, highlight is now message 1 to 4. Does not start from message 4. Sometimes the index window moves to the last message so you need to scroll back up.
* Release the Shift key now that you are at the bottom of the index window. Now do Alt+R a couple of times and watch the sticky highlighting.

* If you click with the mouse on message 7 this does not happen.
* If you choose to do a Ctrl then click on several messages this does not happen. Say message 9, 11 and 15 are also SPAM.

3. Alt+N through several messages, say 3 messages.
* message 4 is SPAM.
* Alt+N again to go to message 5.
* Press the Up arrow key to get back to message 4 to delete it. You are returned to message 1.

4. Alt+N through several messages, say 3 messages.
* Decide to go to message 4 by the arrow key.
* Press the down arrow key to get to message 4. You are returned to message 1.
nigeldh
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Sorry for the late reply. :oops:
I'll have a look at that ASAP when time permits and report back on your findings.
My apologies for this taking much longer than usual. :wink:
Eric

take your time Eric

Postby nigeldh » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:17 am

Eric, as I said in my post, I consider them to be low priority. Look how long it took me to even post the issue. I have been using Pocomail then Barca for a long time. Nigel
nigeldh
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To