[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Forward spam in line, with headers and stripped formatting

Forward spam in line, with headers and stripped formatting

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Forward spam in line, with headers and stripped formatting

Postby wbear » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Probably a long shot, but when I receive certain spam, I need to be able to send it along to various abuse departments. In my last email program, I could simply view all headers and hit forward and it would include it all just as I'd been viewing it: full headers visible, plain text message ignoring formatting. This is exactly what abuse departments need to see..not the original formatting, and most don't care to get attachments (I've had messages failed because of it).

So, how does one get full headers, readable, in Barca2 when forwarding off to abuse departments? I've tried simply forwarding, and it dumps the headers, and shows formatting (even though I have plain text set for everything). I've tried selecting the whole message first so it quotes them, but it runs it all together into one long string, totally useless.
Is there some trick to it, or is it simply not possible?
If it's not possible, by the way, it should be corrected. There should be a "forward raw" ability or something added, to make it simpler to report abuse.
wbear
Poco Tourist

Postby aderoy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 am

Can you forward the email as an attachment?

Control W (I think not at my machine).

Should be an option under the menu

Message | Forward |submenu
aderoy
Frequent Visitor

Postby wbear » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:54 am

aderoy wrote:Can you forward the email as an attachment?

wbear wrote:This is exactly what abuse departments need to see..not the original formatting, and most don't care to get attachments (I've had messages failed because of it).

I've had issues with abuse departments not wanting to open attachments. I simply need to forward the raw headers, in line, if possible.
wbear
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:02 am

1. You could go to Options, Quoting Text, and add following tag:
%headers%
to the field under the Insert Header in Forward tab.
But that would include headers to all forwards that you will do.

2. Or you can make a custom template through menu Tools > Templates, and include the
%headers%
tag into the body of the template.
It would have to be used as a reply template, as there is no "forward with template" available. That would include original sender email address, can't think of a way to remove that otherwise than manually each time.

3. Third way: add one of the abuse departments to your address book, and mark them as VIP, and in Templates tab, set a Forward Template for them. The forward template must be created first, and include the tag as above. It can also include recipients emails, and anything else you wish.

Now each time you have a message to report, run through menu message > forward to favorite. The template shall be used, and include the headers.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby wbear » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:17 am

Tomas wrote:2. Or you can make a custom template through menu Tools > Templates, and include the
%headers%
tag into the body of the template.

That will do just fine, thanks. Added:
%headers%
%body%

It includes the whole thing, adnd the headers too. Perfect.
Thanks!
wbear
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To