[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - When will there be support for Blackberry?

When will there be support for Blackberry?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

When will there be support for Blackberry?

Postby TonyS6 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:44 pm

I love Barca Pro, but I travel extensively and rely on my Blackberry calendar. Will Poco ever develop support for syncing the Calendar function with Blackberry? Or syncing Outlook calendar with Barca Pro calendar (so my Blackberry can synch with Outlook)?
TonyS6
Drop-in Visitor

Re: When will there be support for Blackberry?

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi TonyS6 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
TonyS6 wrote:Will Poco ever develop support for syncing the Calendar function with Blackberry? Or syncing Outlook calendar with Barca Pro calendar (so my Blackberry can synch with Outlook)?
First of all I moved your topic from General to here. :)

As for your question we don't know anything yet about what may be coming, whether for Blackberry or for sync.
Further development is in the works, however what upcoming new version will give us is unknown. :?

Glad you like Barca Pro, as I do.

Stay tuned as we may know a bit more about it later on. ;)
Eric

Postby TonyS6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:08 am

Thanks!

I tried to import my Outlook calendar in Barca Pro. Of course, it didn't work. All it did was populate the Barca Pro calendar with "Busy" for the relevant times and dates.

Now I am checking to see if Barca calendar entries can be exported to Outlook. Keeping my fingers crossed!
TonyS6
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:26 am

TonyS6 wrote:Thanks!
My pleasure TonyS6. ;)
I tried to import my Outlook calendar in Barca Pro. Of course, it didn't work. All it did was populate the Barca Pro calendar with "Busy" for the relevant times and dates.
Did you import your data as described at Importing your data into Barca?
Now I am checking to see if Barca calendar entries can be exported to Outlook. Keeping my fingers crossed!
That should certainly be possible. :)
Eric

Postby TonyS6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:31 am

Yes, I can make appointments in Barca, export to Outlook and it works perfectly. Hence, I can now synch with Blackberry. VICTORY!!!

Now if I can figure out how to remove all the BUSY entries that I can't remove or edit (generated from trying to import Outlook calendar entries ...)
TonyS6
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:39 am

TonyS6 wrote:Yes, I can make appointments in Barca, export to Outlook and it works perfectly. Hence, I can now synch with Blackberry. VICTORY!!!
Glad it's working now. :D
Now if I can figure out how to remove all the BUSY entries that I can't remove or edit (generated from trying to import Outlook calendar entries ...)
Maybe CalendarScope can handle that.
Or else if all other data is no longer needed, you could simply delete the calendar data.
Close Barca first please and restart afterwards.
Eric

Postby TonyS6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:10 am

Where do I find the calendar file so I can delete it?

By the way, I tried to use that Calendar you suggested. It had the same problem with Outlook which means that it is a Outlook problem (or I am lousy at exporting Outlook!!!!).
TonyS6
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:37 am

TonyS6 wrote:Where do I find the calendar file so I can delete it?
Under Vista you'll find it under C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Barca Pro\Calendar
Under XP it's C:\Program Files\Barca Pro\Calendar :)

Delete everything and restart Barca Pro.
By the way, I tried to use that Calendar you suggested. It had the same problem with Outlook which means that it is a Outlook problem (or I am lousy at exporting Outlook!!!!).
:( Pity it didn't work either. It seems those records are locked.
Eric

Postby TonyS6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:45 am

I use XP, but there is no calendar file in the program files / barcapro2 directory.

Any other ideas? what is the actual name of the file?
TonyS6
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 am

TonyS6 wrote:I use XP, but there is no calendar file in the program files / barcapro2 directory.
Maybe it's under My documents ... :?:
Any other ideas? what is the actual name of the file?
calendar.dat & recur.dat

With the Search you'll be able to find them. :wink:
Eric

Postby TonyS6 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:59 am

Gracias!
TonyS6
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:06 am

Mi placer :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To