[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Easy Barca installation on several machines. How?

Easy Barca installation on several machines. How?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Easy Barca installation on several machines. How?

Postby DrJon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:22 pm

I'm going to be installing Barca on 3 other machines. I've got it set up perfectly for our company on my machine so want a way of porting all my settings to the other machines. Pretty much everything bar the account setup will be the same.

Is it as simple as copying the ini files over or do I need to be more cunning?
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Postby Jose » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:09 pm

There're more settings out of .ini files -for instance: accounts, signatures, etc...- you need.

More easy and more fast... You can copy the main directory of Barca and paste it into the others.

Regards.
Jose

Postby Alpha » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:51 am

DrJon,

Yes, you could copy the file, but if you are unsure about any step in the process please consider this alternative

1. Go to File > Backup and Restore > Backup to backup the parent setup. Here you can choose not to backup the Accounts
2. Install Barca on the other machine
3. Place the backed-up file from 1 where the installations from 2 can see it
4. In the new installation, go to File > Backup and Restore > Restore to restore the information from 3 into the new setup
5. You will have to register each installation separately with different registration codes.
Alpha

Postby DrJon » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:55 am

Alpha,

That worked well.

Thanks.
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To