[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Access violation when changing address books [Mod: Resolved]

Access violation when changing address books [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Access violation when changing address books [Mod: Resolved]

Postby drjamie03 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:32 am

Not sure if I posted about this before but I still have the problem, so hopefully it can be figured out.

When I change address books, I get an access violation (005E9414 in module Barca.exe) every time. Then when the correct address book is displayed, the contacts are out of proper sort. So I have to manually sort them to get the VIP listings to the top. The main issue, though, is the access violation.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Access violation when changing address books

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:57 am

drjamie03 wrote:When I change address books, I get an access violation (005E9414 in module Barca.exe) every time. Then when the correct address book is displayed, the contacts are out of proper sort. So I have to manually sort them to get the VIP listings to the top. The main issue, though, is the access violation.
Don't have that here. :?
Or better post the steps, so I can reproduce it or not.

:idea: Perhaps resetting your barca.ini will solve the problem.

1. Close Barca first.
2. Rename barca.ini to barca_old.ini
3. Restart Barca now
Prior to renaming that file, it would be best to take screenshots of your Options or noting them down.

If that doesn't help, install another copy into another directory.
Import everything, except 'Program preferences and Settings'.

See if that does the trick. :wink:
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:17 am

Thanks! I tried renaming barca.ini, and I didn't have the problem anymore, mostly because the other address books disappeared!! So I don't really know if that helped! The steps I usually take which cause the AV are:
1. Right click on contacts pane to the left
2. Select and click on "change book". It does change but I also get the AV.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:22 am

drjamie03 wrote:Thanks! I tried renaming barca.ini, and I didn't have the problem anymore, mostly because the other address books disappeared!!
My pleasure. :wink:
Seems you got a corrupt barca.ini and by resetting it, the problem went away.

As for those disappearing address books, just add them again through Options.

Thanks for the steps, although it doesn't give any AV here. :)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To