[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - in.~mbx

in.~mbx

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

in.~mbx

Postby paolo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 am

Hi everybody
I am using Poco and Barca since decades
I keep regular backups but now the mail boxes are huge and too many
I noticed that all of them have also a copy with this extension ~mbx
Can I erase all of this ~mbx files consiedering that I keep a double backup of my mailboxes ?
What idb and idx extensions are for ?
Thanks
Paolo
paolo napoleoni
paolo
Poco Tourist

Re: in.~mbx

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 am

paolo wrote:Can I erase all of this ~mbx files consiedering that I keep a double backup of my mailboxes ?
You can erase them, but when performing a compress they will return.
Unless you uncheck 'Retain local folder backups when compressing folders'.
If something happens during the compress, you'll lose your messages, although you can recover from a backup. :)
What idb and idx extensions are for ?
If you're using the latest versions, namely PocoMail 4 and Barca 2, then you don't need *.idx.
This is the index file from previous versions.
The new versions use *.idb which speeds up things too. 8)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To