[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - When inserting a picture ...

When inserting a picture ...

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

When inserting a picture ...

Postby maxicomm » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi,

Can anyone give me a clue here on these 2 inter-related issues ??? ...

1) When I insert a transparent gif image into an email I want to send, it appears in a white backgrounded box and does not retain the transparency (am also using background image for the email and it does not show behind the inserted gif). Is this a known issue ??? I've tested the gif in both Photoshop and MS Word and in both progs it retains the transparency.

2) Is there a way to link inserted images to a web link or mailto command so that clicking on the image will induce the desired action ? If so, I've not been able to work it out yet ;-) LOL

Thanks in anticipation.
maxicomm
Poco Tourist

Re: When inserting a picture ...

Postby Tomas » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:54 pm

maxicomm wrote:1) When I insert a transparent gif image into an email I want to send, it appears in a white backgrounded box and does not retain the transparency (am also using background image for the email and it does not show behind the inserted gif). Is this a known issue ??? I've tested the gif in both Photoshop and MS Word and in both progs it retains the transparency.

I have only tested shortly, it seems the transparency is not retained while in editor, but after you will queue or draft the message, check in the Out or Draft folder, and the transparency will be retained in message preview window.

2) Is there a way to link inserted images to a web link or mailto command so that clicking on the image will induce the desired action ? If so, I've not been able to work it out yet ;-) LOL

For some reason, if you only select the image and click on the hyperlink icon to insert the hyperlink, it will only return message "Nothing selected".
As a workaround, place an empty space before the image, select both the empty space and image and click on the hyperlink icon, that will allow you to insert hyperlink.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To