[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Filtering on the language?

Filtering on the language?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Filtering on the language?

Postby Flashfox » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:17 am

I have started to receive a lot of junk mail which is in cyrillic (don't ask why as I don't know).

I was wondering if there was a way to "filter" the incoming mail based on the language (character set). I can't filter based on the country as this spam is supposedly coming from Australia, Europe and other places (i.e. spoofed).
Flashfox

Re: Filtering on the language?

Postby Tomas » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 am

Flashfox wrote:I was wondering if there was a way to "filter" the incoming mail based on the language (character set).

You can set a filter to search message headers, for koi8-r, koi8-ru, windows-1251, iso-8859-5, iso-ir-111, koi8-unified.
Not sure if it is complete.
I believe UTF-8 might also be used.
Which would be a problem, as utf-8 might be used by anyone, it's not specific for Russian.

However if you are not receiving any legitimate messages in Cyrillic, this shall be a piece of cake for any bayesian based antispam, shall it be the built-in one, or third party like spambayes, popfile, k9 and so on.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To