[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Tasks In the Calendar

Tasks In the Calendar

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Tasks In the Calendar

Postby icetnet » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:23 am

I searched for this but didn't find it so I apologize if it's been covered.
I there any way to view the tasks in the calendar? Since tasks are date based it only makes sense that this view be available.
icetnet
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Tasks In the Calendar

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 am

icetnet wrote:I there any way to view the tasks in the calendar? Since tasks are date based it only makes sense that this view be available.
Aren't those present in your Calendar view :?:
Both show up here in the Calendar and the Calendar Sidebar.

If you're using something like WindowBlinds, please exclude Barca from being skinned.

:idea: Else something else is going on, so maybe a screenshot could help what you're seeing.

Or if something got corrupted, close Barca and rename your barca.ini to barca_old.ini.
Restart Barca afterwards to see if that helps.
If not, revert the process to get your original barca.ini back.

:!: Be advised that by resetting Barca all settings will be lost, so better take screenshots or note them down.

Let me know if it solved your problem. ;)
Eric

Tasks In the Calendar

Postby icetnet » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Where's my manners? Barca (not Pro) 2.5.0.3910 on Windows XP SP3 and a multitude of software. This has never worked for me, though.
Here's the daily Calendar and Tasks side-by-side
This is the Monthly Calendar View (No Tasks show through)
Here are the tasks that should be showing in monthly view.
I'll try to rename the .ini but I've done this before (just not lately). I'll post back.
Thanks,
BTW, the error that occurred is that I'm in a location where I cannot check my IMAP account.
icetnet
Drop-in Visitor

Tasks In the Calendar

Postby icetnet » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:57 am

I renamed the Barc.ini file and nothing changed except for the skin and icon customizations. I still cannot see the tasks within the calendar on their due dates.
Any other help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
icetnet
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm

icetnet wrote:Where's my manners? Barca (not Pro) 2.5.0.3910 on Windows XP SP3 and a multitude of software.
No problem, got Barca Pro here on Vista with a lot of software too.
Thanks for the screenshots. :D
This has never worked for me, though.
I think it will never work at present. :?
Here's the daily Calendar and Tasks side-by-side
That's the same here. It will show the Calendar and the Tasks, although I would prefer to see some dates too (sorted).
This is the Monthly Calendar View (No Tasks show through)

Here are the tasks that should be showing in monthly view.
That's normal behaviour, same with Outlook, where it will only show the Appointments, but not the Tasks. :?
Better have another view, showing both for that month. This would require an enhancement for Barca.
I renamed the Barca.ini file and nothing changed except for the skin and icon customizations. I still cannot see the tasks within the calendar on their due dates.
As posted above, it won't change a thing. Not possible at present, sorry.
Since a new update will be released this month, I can only hope it will do what you want it to do. No info on that yet.

If you however use the Today view, it will show both Calendar and Tasks. You could change the Display options in Tools > Options > Calendar Options. 8)
Eric

Tasks In the Calendar

Postby icetnet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:43 am

Eric,

Thanks, I haven't had this functionality since Lotus Organizer. For some reason I thought I had it in Outlook. I miss it though. A centralized calendar that shows every meeting, planner information and due tasks. It'd be nice to have. We'll see what's coming next. I'm satisfied, you can close this thread.

Thanks again,

Bill
icetnet
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:28 pm

icetnet wrote:Eric,

Thanks, I haven't had this functionality since Lotus Organizer.
My pleasure Bill.
As for Lotus Organizer, that's been quite some time since I used it.
It'd be nice to have. We'll see what's coming next. I'm satisfied, you can close this thread.
Indeed, it would be an improvement.
No closing threads, unless you don't follow the rules. :lol:

Take care. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To