[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Password protect Contacts?

Password protect Contacts?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Password protect Contacts?

Postby drjamie03 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:24 am

Is there a way to password protect the contacts list? I figured out how to do so for a message folder, but not for a contact list. I'm a mental health therapist and my client list is confidential, so I want to see if I can password protect it. I do have a separate address book for my contacts, but it is easily accessible by just changing the book from the main one to the client one. Thanks in advance!
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 pm

I don't think it's possible at present. :?
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:49 am

Thanks for the reply. Seems kind of odd to me that it isn't possible. I'm sure there are others who would benefit from that. Maybe I'll make a feature request.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:23 am

drjamie03 wrote:I'm sure there are others who would benefit from that. Maybe I'll make a feature request.
I agree, so better make that enhancement request.
It won't be present in 2.8, but perhaps in 3.0. :)
Eric

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:17 am

Have you considered, or do you have already, an electronic database with client cases? I don't know many to be able to make fully qualified recommendation, but one that I like and use is Ultra Recall. It allows to password protect whole database, is freeform and configurable enough to suit variety of usage cases, and it would allow you to keep a client list with exactly the fields you need, including an email field with mailto: command that will open Barca's new message editor when clicked on.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To