[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Can spellchecking be turned off?

Can spellchecking be turned off?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Can spellchecking be turned off?

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:27 am

Looking through the options, I can find options to CONFIGURE the spellchecking, but no way to TURN IT OFF.

My biggest problem: most of the mails I write are in German, so I get an annoying red wavy line under almost every word.

When I write in English, my spelling is British English, and I don't like being nagged by other orthographic variants (no cross-Atlantic flame wars intended - British English happens to be my native language and my preferred spelling variant).

And even if the appropriate dictionaries (German and BE) are ever available, I prefer to look after my own spelling without the wavy red lines.
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Re: Can spellchecking be turned off?

Postby blakelyg » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:29 am

Victor Dewsbery wrote:Looking through the options, I can find options to CONFIGURE the spellchecking, but no way to TURN IT OFF.

Go under Tools ------>Options ----->Sending Mail and remove the check mark from Check Spelling as you type. Also depending on needs remove the check mark from Spell Check on sending Mail.

That should do what you need. (I think).

G
blakelyg
Resident Poster

Re: Can spellchecking be turned off?

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:22 pm

blakelyg wrote:Go under Tools ------>Options ----->Sending Mail and remove the check mark from Check Spelling as you type.

Thanks. That did the trick.
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To