[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Calendar issues

Calendar issues

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Calendar issues

Postby Mischa » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi,

After the last annoying problem with Outlook I decided it was time to switch to another e-mail program. Barca seems to be the best replacement. Especially with the Planner-option and the nice and comprehensive folder-structure. I have downloaded the demo to see if this is really a good program. Well, the biggest part of the program works really fine. Only the Calendar is not functional to our needs. I have the following issues, maybe there is a workaround or it may be resolved in the futere release:

1. The Main Calendar is always default. I would like to use the Public Calendar I own/use to be default. De default calendar opens on startup and imports and actions are applied to the default calender, the Main Calendar. I have not found a way to change this setting.
2. Another option would be to make the Main Calendar publishable to ftp in iCal format. Are there any plans for this option?
3. It would be nice if the published calendar(s) and the subscribed calendar(s) are visible within one dayview with different colours (like Apple's iCalendar). A bit like a today-screen, but more presented as a calendar.
4. Are there any scripts or filters to sync a public calendar with the Main Calendar.

Hope anyone have any solutions for these issues. It is a nice program to use.
Communication is the key
Mischa
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Calendar issues

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:38 am

Hi Mischa & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities, although limited.
Mischa wrote: I have the following issues, maybe there is a workaround or it may be resolved in the futere release:

1. The Main Calendar is always default. I would like to use the Public Calendar I own/use to be default. De default calendar opens on startup and imports and actions are applied to the default calender, the Main Calendar. I have not found a way to change this setting.
AFAIK there's no option to start with the Public Calender in this version. :?
2. Another option would be to make the Main Calendar publishable to ftp in iCal format. Are there any plans for this option?
As I can see in my Barca Pro the Main Calendar can't be published. Only the Public calendars can in several formats through FTP. Formats are iCal, HTML or RSS. :)
3. It would be nice if the published calendar(s) and the subscribed calendar(s) are visible within one dayview with different colours (like Apple's iCalendar). A bit like a today-screen, but more presented as a calendar.
Nice, although not yet possible.
4. Are there any scripts or filters to sync a public calendar with the Main Calendar.
Yet again, I don't think it possible right now. :?
Hope anyone have any solutions for these issues.
Not quite solutions, but my understanding of Barca Pro.
Perhaps someone knows a bit more about those shared calendars. I only played once with it, so I'm definitely no 'expert' in that field.
It is a nice program to use.
Indeed it is. :)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To