[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca 2.5 (3910) initialization failure

Barca 2.5 (3910) initialization failure

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby scottmcewan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:52 pm

After using Barca 2.5 for years on different desktops and notenooks, it will not run on my new Asus N10E-HV007 notebook.

System details:
Intel Atom N270 processor
2 GB RAM
Intel 945 Express Graphics 1024 x 600 pixels
XP Home SP3

Installation folder = C:\Program Files\Barca2

BarcaSystemIni
[Program]
DataPath=I:\Barca

Data pre-existed at the specified DataPath. (I did not "import" the existing data).

Have tried disabling AVG A/V, Zonealarm and various Asus auto-loaded slushware to no effect.

Is anyone aware of compatibility problems with my setup?
scottmcewan
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Barca 2.5 (3910) initialization failure

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:48 pm

scottmcewan wrote:After using Barca 2.5 for years on different desktops and notenooks, it will not run on my new Asus N10E-HV007 notebook.

What exactly does happen? It will not even start, or it will start but there are no data? Are there any error messages?

Data pre-existed at the specified DataPath. (I did not "import" the existing data).

While Barca is not running, try to change in the barcasystem.ini the datapath back to appdata:
DataPath=%appdata%

Next import from that folder (through File > Import > Data from another install), from I:\Barca\barca.ini (if it exists in that location).

If barca.ini doesn't exist there, or as an alternative way to the import, you could instead try to change the directories in Options, Directories, to I:\Barca.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby scottmcewan » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:56 am

Thomas,

Thanks for ideas. I un/reinstalled accepting all defaults incl DataPath. On trying to run Barca, the following Error signature message appears:

AppName: barca.exe
AppVer: 2.5.0.3910
ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
Offset: 00012aeb

Exception Information
Code: 0x0eedfade Flags: 0x00000001
Record: 0x000000000000000000
Address: 0x000000007c812aeb

Send this data to Microsoft etc etc.

I have downloaded the installation file barcasetup.exe
(4,330,700 bytes) several times and it runs ok.

I am starting to suspect that XP Home SP3 may be an issue.
scottmcewan
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:04 am

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. The only other possibilities I could think of are:

1) try to check the system health in general
2) try to update the device drivers, particularly the graphics card driver, to the latest versions, best directly checking on the manufacturer's websites
3) setting the compatibility to different Windows version:
- Using Windows Explorer, locate barca.exe and right-click. Choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Compatibility tab and select the compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) checkbox, or to something older, alternatively also check whether enabling some of the other options there will help
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby scottmcewan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:39 pm

Thomas,

Thanks for the tips. Very much appreciated.

Your points:
1. Done (registry tune-up with jv16 Powertools 2008)
2. Done (Intel 945 Express graphics drivers from Intel website)
3. Tried all compatibility variations for Barca.exe

I even un/reinstalled XP Home SP3. No change.

Interestingy, Pocomail 4.1 works ok.

I thinks it's time to inform Slaven by e-mail.

I've used Barca since Day 1 and I would miss its functionality.

Scott
scottmcewan
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To