[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca disappears! [Mod: SP3 incompatibility]

Barca disappears! [Mod: SP3 incompatibility]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca disappears! [Mod: SP3 incompatibility]

Postby drjamie03 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:47 pm

This has just started happening. When I click on the icon to start Barca, it begins to start, and then disappears. When I have task manager running, I see it briefly appear in the list and then disappear. No error message. Nothing. I tried reinstalling Barca without success. It helped for a day or so and then began doing this again.

Update: I decided to try the instructions in another post about changing the compatibility choices and it worked, though I had to use the compatibility option for Windows NT (Service Pack 5) because there were no compatibility options for Windows XP at all. I'm not sure why this works but am glad it does.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Barca disappears!

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:20 am

drjamie03 wrote:Update: I decided to try the instructions in another post about changing the compatibility choices and it worked, though I had to use the compatibility option for Windows NT (Service Pack 5) because there were no compatibility options for Windows XP at all. I'm not sure why this works but am glad it does.
Seems to me SP5 gives problems to Barca.
Glad to know those instructions worked Jamie. :)
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:27 am

Does changing that setting change the way Barca works? Also, I actually don't have SP5, I don't think. When I look at the system description, it says I have SP3.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 am

drjamie03 wrote:Does changing that setting change the way Barca works? Also, I actually don't have SP5, I don't think.
Can't verify it here, since I'm on Vista.
When I look at the system description, it says I have SP3.
Better change the subject then.
I'm not following those service packs. :?
Eric

Postby drjamie03 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:26 am

Interestingly, the beta runs fine without changing the compatibility settings. If I hadn't reinstalled Barca (the regular version) a couple of times, I'd think it could be a corrupt file of some kind, but if I'm importing it all to the beta, that theory is out...isn't it??
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 am

drjamie03 wrote:Interestingly, the beta runs fine without changing the compatibility settings.
Same here. :D
If I hadn't reinstalled Barca (the regular version) a couple of times, I'd think it could be a corrupt file of some kind, but if I'm importing it all to the beta, that theory is out...isn't it??
Indeed, if a file became corrupt, I guess you'll have problems with the beta too
or perhaps the beta didn't import that file :?:
Weird :roll:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To