[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Just a few questions

Just a few questions

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Just a few questions

Postby 660207 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a new mail program. Currently, I'm using TheBat! and Thunderbird portable.

Now, I stumbled upon Barca. This program is very nice but it seems to be a "dead program" - I'm missing logical progression (Poco Webpage from 2007, no regular updates, no support for different languages and so on. Is someone working on the program, yet?

Another question
Is there a way to group messages by thread (see screenshot)

Drop-in Visitor

Re: Just a few questions

Postby Eric » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 am

Hi 660207 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
660207 wrote:Now, I stumbled upon Barca. This program is very nice but it seems to be a "dead program" - I'm missing logical progression (Poco Webpage from 2007, no regular updates, no support for different languages and so on. Is someone working on the program, yet?
First off my best wishes for 2009. May it be a healthy, succesful year for you & your family.

Those webpages need some update, although work is still going on. Currently we're testing the beta version, which will be released afterwards. 8)
It's not like TheBat! with their almost montly updates, but PSI is working on this beta and the next major upgrade.
Another question
Is there a way to group messages by thread (see screenshot)
If you right-click on the Index view, you can select how to thread those messages.
Not sure if that's what you want, since I can't get a better view of your screenshot. :?
Eric

Postby 660207 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:56 am

Hello Eric,

thanks for your warm welcome. Of course, all the best for you in 2009 :)

Don't know what you mean by "Index view". Screenshot woud be nice ;)

It should look like in Outlook or other mailprogs: Headers are threading like:

Today
Mail
Mail
Mail
Yesterday
Mail
Mail
Mail
etc.
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:14 am

You can enable threading by right-clicking in the message index pane (the list of messages), select Thread Message Display from context menu and select Enable Message Threading if not enabled already. (But maybe you are not looking for that kind of threading.)

If you are looking for message grouping (by time period), that can't be accomplished. Closest would be to filter messages by required time period:
in the top right part of the Barca window you shall see a field with grey text "Type text to focus on...", click on the small black arrow to the right. there you can select the time period to filter the messages by.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To