[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Help! Duplicate messages flooding my inboxes?

Help! Duplicate messages flooding my inboxes?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Help! Duplicate messages flooding my inboxes?

Postby gigglemal » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:27 am

Hi

For some reason, my inboxes have reset themselves seemingly, so Barca is downloading EVERYTHING off my mail server. :evil:

I tend to keep mail on the server so I can access it remotely, as often I work away from the office. Seem to recall it doing this before, but can't remember how I sorted it?

I generally have two or three mailboxes on my domain, and then move incoming mail (once read/actioned) into subfolders. So, my inbox is now filling up - several thousand! - with copies of old mail.

Any ideas please?

With thanks
gigglemal
New Arrival

Re: Help! Duplicate messages flooding my inboxes?

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 am

Hi gigglemal & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
gigglemal wrote:For some reason, my inboxes have reset themselves seemingly, so Barca is downloading EVERYTHING off my mail server. :evil:
:shock: , how did that happen ?
Any ideas please?
Do you check mail with those accounts?
When you check mail, is only new mail downloaded?
Or do you access your mail through your online accounts?

If the last option, then I guess your account was set to check mail, so all mail is downloaded again. Could be wrong though :?

Could you also check under Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Settings if 'Maximum number of accounts to check at the same time when checking mail' is set to 1.
Also verify if your time out isn't set to low. Mine is set at 600.

Next question would be to know which Barca version you're using, as well the type of your accounts. (POP/IMAP/...)

Hope we'll be able to solve your problem. ;)
Eric

Postby gigglemal » Tue May 26, 2009 2:16 am

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply.

This problem stopped (for a while), but has recently started again - no idea why?

I have 8 Email accounts that are checked, of which only is really active (i.e. receive and send Email). This account is also accessed by webmail and blackberry, as it's my main work account - so I leave everything on server.

As it stands, when it flips and downloads everything - thousands of Emails - it's easy enough to delete them as I just filter by received time, and delete, then compact.

However, as it flipped again today, I can't even delete the messages anymore - it gives an error message (below)
Cannot open file Mail/In/In_xyz.mbx (where xyz is my mail folder name)

Points to note...
a) I'm using POP.
b) For some reason, it's only the main/active mailbox that's having the problems (this has something like 1800 messages on the server) as opposed to the minor accounts (with ten or so in each)
c) The maximum no of accounts to check at same time was '3' - so I changed it to 1
d) Can't seem to find where 'time out' setting is
e) My version of Barca is 2, 2.8.0.4400

Cheers for your help

Eric wrote:Hi gigglemal & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
gigglemal wrote:For some reason, my inboxes have reset themselves seemingly, so Barca is downloading EVERYTHING off my mail server. :evil:
:shock: , how did that happen ?
Any ideas please?
Do you check mail with those accounts?
When you check mail, is only new mail downloaded?
Or do you access your mail through your online accounts?

If the last option, then I guess your account was set to check mail, so all mail is downloaded again. Could be wrong though :?

Could you also check under Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Settings if 'Maximum number of accounts to check at the same time when checking mail' is set to 1.
Also verify if your time out isn't set to low. Mine is set at 600.

Next question would be to know which Barca version you're using, as well the type of your accounts. (POP/IMAP/...)

Hope we'll be able to solve your problem. ;)
gigglemal
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Tue May 26, 2009 6:30 am

gigglemal wrote:Thanks for your reply.
You're welcome gigglemal. ;)
This problem stopped (for a while), but has recently started again - no idea why?
Could be a problem with your ISP or both. :?
I have 8 Email accounts that are checked, of which only is really active (i.e. receive and send Email). This account is also accessed by webmail and blackberry, as it's my main work account - so I leave everything on server.
Quite a lot of email accounts, so setting it to check one account after the other could fix problems. :)
As it stands, when it flips and downloads everything - thousands of Emails - it's easy enough to delete them as I just filter by received time, and delete, then compact.
Pretty annoying to receive all those emails again and again. :cry:
However, as it flipped again today, I can't even delete the messages anymore - it gives an error message (below)
Cannot open file Mail/In/In_xyz.mbx (where xyz is my mail folder name)
It seems that mailbox is locked somehow.
Are you running any other security applications which could interfere with Barca?
Or is it marked Read Only?
Another possible culprit could be a local spam filter, so changing the time out there can help.
b) For some reason, it's only the main/active mailbox that's having the problems (this has something like 1800 messages on the server) as opposed to the minor accounts (with ten or so in each)
So that reduces the problem to your main account as far as I can tell.
c) The maximum no of accounts to check at same time was '3' - so I changed it to 1
Did you also restart Barca after you changed it?
d) Can't seem to find where 'time out' setting is
Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Settings and set 'Seconds until online operations time out' to 600 or more.
e) My version of Barca is 2, 2.8.0.4400
Same here, although it's Barca Pro.
Cheers for your help
My pleasure as always. ;)
Eric

still goosed !

Postby gigglemal » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:13 am

Sadly, this duplicate downloading error is still happening, despite trying everything as previously suggested.

Annoying thing is it doesn't happen with the other Email accounts, nor when we use Outlook or Pegasus to download the same amount of messages?

Unless we can resolve this, we're just going to have to stop using Barca and change our Email programme, regretfully.

Anyone else got any ideas how we can sort this problem out?
gigglemal
New Arrival

Re: still goosed !

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 am

gigglemal wrote:Sadly, this duplicate downloading error is still happening, despite trying everything as previously suggested.
Sorry to hear, but as you wrote down above your problem stopped for a while :?:
My best guess it has to do with your connection to that ISP or else a time-out problem.
Annoying thing is it doesn't happen with the other Email accounts, nor when we use Outlook or Pegasus to download the same amount of messages?
So when using Outlook or Pegasus for the same account the problem doesn't arise?
Unless we can resolve this, we're just going to have to stop using Barca and change our Email programme, regretfully.
Too bad since it only happens with one account and not the others.
I'm sure there's something we missed, but the question is what?
Anyone else got any ideas how we can sort this problem out?
I sure don't have any other ideas except the ones I already wrote down.
Using a spam filter? Check the time-out settings.
If not, check your antivirus/suite, because maybe you can change the time-out settings there.

Other then that I don't know, so we'll probably leave it to others for suggestions on how to resolve this annoying problem.

Sorry and I do hope you'll continue using Barca. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To