[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Where has my "Today" list of appointments gone

Where has my "Today" list of appointments gone

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Where has my "Today" list of appointments gone

Postby robin » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:12 am

I use the "Today" screen on startup. Previously it has shown me all the appointments that I have for the following week or so. Now it shows me nothing there - the appointments are still in Barca; they just don't show on the Today screen. How do i get them back?

I have it set to Comprehensive in the Options. Am I missing something?
robin

Re: Where has my "Today" list of appointments gone

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:33 am

Hi Robin
robin wrote: Now it shows me nothing there - the appointments are still in Barca; they just don't show on the Today screen. How do i get them back?
I have it set to Comprehensive in the Options. Am I missing something?
:roll: I'm using the same setup and everything shows up fine.
After a restart is the problem fixed or does it still persist?
:shock: I really don't have a clue what's going on. Sorry...
Eric

Postby GHaavy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:21 am

Hi Robin,

I concur with Eric.

I've created test appointments every day for a week to check this, and they all show up in the Today area.

Just out of curiousity, were these appointments added recently? I would try adding a few new test appointments just to see if your past appointments have been corrupted somehow.

I was wondering if the exchange process you're performing with your wife has corrupted your existing appointments?

Just a thought.

- Grant
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:26 am

Re-starting Barca does not fix the problem. Maybe I'll try a reboot and report back...

Next day....reboot has not solved the problem.
robin

Postby robin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:41 am

GHaavy wrote:Just out of curiousity, were these appointments added recently? I would try adding a few new test appointments just to see if your past appointments have been corrupted somehow.

I was wondering if the exchange process you're performing with your wife has corrupted your existing appointments?
Fair thought - Grant. But I have added two test appointments for tomorrow and they don't show up in the Today pane (or pain as it is getting to be...)
robin

Postby robin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:05 am

I appear to have narrowed this one down too. A repeating appointment that my wife sent me...and didn't register properly in Barca when it first arrived...seems to be blocking Barca from showing the calendar in the Today pane. If I delete this entry manually from the end of the recur.dat file then the Today pane shows OK. I'll forward the text of it in an e-mail to PSI for their comments.

Actually - the fact that it is from Outlook is not the problem. When I add the same appointment series directly into Barca the problem returned. In fact, when I add any future appointment and make it recurring (even 1 entry - i.e. it doesn't actually recur) then the Today pane does not display the calendar information. Definitely one for PSI...!
robin

Postby GHaavy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:53 am

You would make a great detective, Robin!

I had done a bit of experimenting with recurring appointments but hadn't seen this particular issue. I would like to see if I can reproduce it.

Essentially, all you're doing is creating a recurring appointment?

- Grant
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:02 am

robin wrote:Actually - the fact that it is from Outlook is not the problem. When I add the same appointment series directly into Barca the problem returned. In fact, when I add any future appointment and make it recurring (even 1 entry - i.e. it doesn't actually recur) then the Today pane does not display the calendar information. Definitely one for PSI...!

Good work Robin :) , but the appointment does recurr :wink: .
Jim

Postby robin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:57 am

That's the point, Jim. Any appointment in the future that is marked as recurring* seems to suppress the display of the calendar in the Today pane. When I take the recurring off then the display returns.

(*) Even if the recurr is set to one.
robin

Postby robin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:05 am

GHaavy wrote:I had done a bit of experimenting with recurring appointments but hadn't seen this particular issue. I would like to see if I can reproduce it.

Essentially, all you're doing is creating a recurring appointment?
Actually - this is not strictly correct as more analysis shows.

If you have a recurring appointment then *only* the recurring appointments show; non-recurring ones do not. If you do not have recurring ones then the non-recurring ones will show.

Try creating a recurring appointment for tomorrow and only that one will show in Today. Then delete it and restart Barca, you will see the non-recurring ones again.

The reason that I was not seeing *any* appointments was because the recurring one was too far in the future to show in the summary.

Does this make sense?
robin

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:55 am

You would make a great detective, Robin!

True, but more than that robin is just plain good period -- his posts almost never have smoke and mirrors in them, just solid info.
Sandy

Postby GHaavy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:03 am

robin wrote:Try creating a recurring appointment for tomorrow and only that one will show in Today. Then delete it and restart Barca, you will see the non-recurring ones again.

The reason that I was not seeing *any* appointments was because the recurring one was too far in the future to show in the summary.

Does this make sense?
Good catch, Robin!! 8) I see the same thing here.

- Grant
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:11 am

Oh good - if you see what I mean. If someone else can see it then there is a chance that PSI will be able to fix it. There is nothing worse than trying to fix a problem that only one person can see.

Thanks for your help Grant.
robin

Postby robin » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:13 pm

GHaavy wrote:You would make a great detective, Robin!
Thanks - but this really is a team thing - it was you who reminded me that I had got the recurring appointment from my wife (which you had remembered from another thread) that set me off on that track.
robin

Postby GHaavy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:33 am

:oops: Thanks, Robin.

- Grant
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Next

Return to Barca Help and How-To