[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Lost attachment in preview pane

Lost attachment in preview pane

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Lost attachment in preview pane

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Since yesterday, attachments in incoming messages are not visible in that little box below the message preview pane. I have looked in about a dozen different places in the options, view options, message options (even looked in the kitchen sink), but I can't for the life of me find what I have done wrong.

I know that I can double click the message in the index and get at the attachment that way, but it is a lot of extra hassle:
- It involves extra clicking to get at the message, and then I have to close the window again before I can drag the message to the required folder.
- The separate message pane is a pain (pun definitely intended), because it squeezes the message text into about a width of about half an inch at the left of the screen, but displays the name of the attachment in its full glory over a width of about six inches. Ho hum, more mouse work needed before I can even see what's where.

(By the way, any news on when such bugs will be fixed or any update will be published?)
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:29 am

Answering my own question

I searched through my early mails from Support and found the solution. It seems that I had the same problem when I started with the program back in October.
In the file "barca.ini" the attribute "AttWidth" had set itself to 886; I have now set it to 100, and I can see the attachments again (and actually read the text in the separate message window without resizing it).

This poses another question, though:
What makes Barca go haywire in its settings in an ".ini" file hidden deep in my computer, a file that I have not even looked at since last October? Is there some undocumented keyboard combination that messes things up?
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:39 pm

It happens Victor, although I don't have a clue how it happens.
Never had a problem with it, but others do. :?
Eric

Postby Tomas » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 pm

It's on the bugs list but not fully reproduced nor fixed yet (as far as I'm aware). It was only reported few times but it happens, so far I thought it happens when monitor resolution is changed, or things like that, but from what you write I think the problem might be elsewhere.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Monitor resolution?

Postby Victor Dewsbery » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:22 am

I haven't changed monitor resolution at all. However, I have a screensaver that shows pictures from my own photograph albums, and sometimes when I return to active work, the normal Barca window is reduced in size, as if Windows (or Barca working on Windows) thinks that the screen only takes up part of my 22" monitor.

As far as I know, the screensaver comes as part of Vista. The screensaver did hang from time to time, and a day or two ago Windows offered a fix for this (which consisted of deleting a file), so if that was the cause things should be better now.
Victor Dewsbery
Berlin, Germany
Victor Dewsbery
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To