[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Edited subject line tags still getting misplaced

Edited subject line tags still getting misplaced

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Edited subject line tags still getting misplaced

Postby drjamie03 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 am

I keep getting subject lines that I had edited showing up on the wrong message. So if I changed the subject line of a message to 'Joe's email address', I might look at another email in a different folder, and the subject line would say, "Joe's email address' instead of the real subject line. This is an important feature for me to have to filter lots of client emails. Anyone else have the problem? I"ve tried compressing the folders without success.
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:11 am

As with previous, I'd try backing up then deleting .idb file, while Barca is not running.

(I don't think I've heard about such issue, but then it's one of the less frequently used functionalities.)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby drjamie03 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 am

I could do that but am not sure if I would lose data or settings, neither of which is a good option for me. What effect does deleting the .idb file have?
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:24 am

That's why I suggested to backup those files first, so if anything goes wrong you can always revert back by copying them back to their original location (while Barca is not running).

.IDB is an index file. I'm not quire sure instantly whether it stores any data that the .mbx file doesn't. If anything, it's something minor like whether message was tagged or not, or pointer to the follow-up message (replies to that message stored in Sent folder).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby drjamie03 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Right...that's what I was afraid of. I need those pointers so I know that I replied to a client and what I said. Otherwise, I'd have to do a search every time I need to find the thread. I can try deleting the .idb but I'm not sure it's going to work for me (and yes, I always back up!).
Jamie P
drjamie03
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Gert750 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:02 pm

I have found this problem (change a subject causes a change to another message than intended) only happens when I change the subject of a message in the "Search" results folder or after I filtered messages with the "Quick Filter" - you know "Type text to focus on".

Since I noticed this, I only change subjects in the real folders (not the virtual ones) and never had this problem anymore.

Gert
Gert750
Poco Tourist

Postby Tomas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:35 pm

I was wrong, just checked it and it seems that pointers to the messages sent as replies to the original message, are not lost, neither annotations nor message markings, only message tagging status is lost (if you use message tagging Ctrl+T), from what I could see, when .idb file is deleted.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To