[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Mark as read in created folders

Mark as read in created folders

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Mark as read in created folders

Postby MonBidoux » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi,

I like the notifier for incoming messages.
Just wish i could find the way to make them as read (after being read in the incoming box) in their respective folders where they are being filed.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Mark as read in created folders

Postby Tomas » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:04 am

MonBidoux wrote:I like the notifier for incoming messages.
Just wish i could find the way to make them as read (after being read in the incoming box) in their respective folders where they are being filed.

With the notifier, do you mean the console window?
And that after you click on something in the email console window, a new window gets opened where you can read the email, and after you close it and go to the folder where the email is stored, it is still marked as unread there?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 am

Yessir!

You have the precise technical wording Tomas.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks, btw. I wasn't attempting to be a nit-picker, not my cup of coffee, just that I was a bit confused by the problem, thus to make things as clear for me as possible.

Now after few more minutes of boiling in my head-cooker, I'm not sure about all the technical details, but I think the Console might be connected with New Mail folder in certain parts of functionality. And the New Mail folder is known for occasional similar problems.

Please try to go to New Mail folder (under Special folders, if not visible in the Folders tree you might need to enable it in Options, Advanced, "Show Special Folders" option), then run from menu Folder > Compress Folder. If it will not start working with newly arriving messages, close the program and go to Mail/System.pocosys/ folder and delete all NewMail.pocosys files (with different extensions). That will delete the content of Console and New Mail folder, so do that only after you have processed all the emails shown there and don't need that information anymore.

(Btw. New Mail folder will not be displaying anything, it shows it's content only if console is disabled.)
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:45 am

Got it!

What happens now for new incoming messages?
Do i to compress new mail folder everytime?

BTW, are you doing overtime tonight?
Saturday...
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:01 am

MonBidoux wrote:Do i to compress new mail folder everytime?

No, it shall be final solution.
(If the problem will not reappear again in the future.)

BTW, are you doing overtime tonight?
Saturday...

Oh...just clearing some backlogs :oops:
And an attempt at some little coding - early morning is ideal time :)

But then, you aren't partying into morning either, it seems... :wink:
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Tomas,

Thanks again for your cleaning up after us.
Hope we didn't make too much of a mess here.

Thumbs up!

Curiously, i read this in the Help file:
"Changes done to a message in New Mail are propagated to the original message. For example you can mark the message in New Mail as read, and the read status will propagate to the original copy of that message."
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To