[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Custom mail alert sounds?

Custom mail alert sounds?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Custom mail alert sounds?

Postby flynt06 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I currently have a universal "Boing" type sound for all incoming mail including junk.

Is there a way of assigning a sound to certain folders or filters? Ideally, what I'd like is to record a short sound i.e. "JACK" and have it sound only when mail is sent to that 'JACK' folder. I'd also like junk mail to be silent!

Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance.
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Re: Custom mail alert sounds?

Postby Eric » Wed May 27, 2009 5:39 pm

flynt06 wrote:Is there a way of assigning a sound to certain folders or filters? Ideally, what I'd like is to record a short sound i.e. "JACK" and have it sound only when mail is sent to that 'JACK' folder.
You could create an OnAdd Event for that particular folder.
Whenever a new message is added that sound will be heard. 8)
I'd also like junk mail to be silent!
Right-click on your Junk Mail folder and choose Properties.
Disable notification for that folder.

That's all. :)
Eric

Postby flynt06 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks Eric.

Now, lets assume for a moment that I'm really dumb. I have looked at events and see that I can get something to happen when something is added to a folder. But how do I get a sound to play?

Do I have to run an application and define a sound file or something?.

OK, maybe I am stupid after all!
flynt06
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed May 27, 2009 7:55 pm

flynt06 wrote:Thanks Eric.
Your welcome. ;)
Now, lets assume for a moment that I'm really dumb. I have looked at events and see that I can get something to happen when something is added to a folder. But how do I get a sound to play?
You'll have to create a filter inside your Event to play that sound. (Perform action must be changed)

Don't have an actual screenshot at the moment, but the following will give you an idea how to achieve it.

Not stupid at all, you just don't know how to use those. :)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To